3. Carnival Magic
We cruised out of houston port spring break. For those of you that dont know worst time to cruise is in march, because if their is fog they can cancel your cruise. Houston of port, first thing you need to know is you drive up drop your bags off, then drive to your designated parking lot and take a shuttle back. If you are a visabled pet, they will let you park for free. This will save you about 80.oo dollars, you get this pass from a small trailer in the parking area. The port itself was very busy which was expected due to spring break,however it went pretty smoothly. Now carnival magic, the room we stayed in was a balcony stateroom #8436, its a very descent size for upto 4 adults so dont waste your Money on a suite. The roo.M was clean and smoke free. Houskeeping employee were great, they knew everyone of my families names. Here's our experience, all the stores are oten closed on the day you visit other ports, if you need extra sunscree or tyn tylenol your screwed. If you get it the night before its an extorsion price wise. I was going to purchase 1 small 24 ct of tylenol and a bottle of nyquil, they wanted 29.99. The biggest irritation is the first day we boarded the ship none of the shops were opene until 5 or 6 pm. If you arent a big pool hugger, then expect to be board until around 6 pm. The shows they did have were entertaining But very limited. we like two of them and one comedian taking about his experience with his kids. The next is the food. If you dont want to dress up or wait for your dining time, expect to live off of hamburgers, pizza and hotdogs, theses are the only two areas that are consistently open. Yet they rave about the limited amount of food they have on the ship. The omlettes were also great, the rest nothing to brag about. Expect the lemonaide and orange juice to be watered down and to live off the icecream there because the desserts are horrible, even the cruise director agreed with me on that. The cooks use to many substitutions to cut costs. An example, i was excited ro see they had cheese cake, i ended up getting some cheese cake pudding mixture. The cookies were never fresh and the other desserts always have weird crap in them. They need cakes like costco has. The fruit is great and plentiful,yet again not available after 4 or 5 pm. The casino sucks, dont expect to get any free drinks until you earn 1500 points which is somewhere beween 500 and 700 dollars. Then when you get excited because you earned the free drinks they will only give you one every 15 minutes, and it has to be for you not your spouse. Since i am not a big alcohol drinker i found it to be annoying. The slots consist of more 7 games, the smoking is horrible, they do a lousy job at dividing smokers from non smokerd, dont expect to even get a free coke. The cheapest black jack table you will find is 6 dollars a hand and roulette is 10 dollars a hand. I addresses this with the manager but he felt they did have a great selection of slots. Not you can expect like 7-10 of the same slots, that are worth playing. Very limited bonus games, and seriously it took us until the 7th night to earn even 20 percent of our funds back. Every couple we talked to said the entertainment was limited. We were first time cruisers but many gets felt the carnival trimumph was ten times better. I was recommended by others to use norwegian or royal carribean if i ever cruised again. The islands we ported at were: jamacia which is like a little a poor mexico, you have people pulling on you trying to get your business, very annoying, my family could not get back on the ship fast enough. Expect to get ripped off if you want transported somewhere. We payed a guy 40 bucks to take us snorkeling, where seriously the place was a dump and we did not see one fish. He also toom us to some store that marketed marijunna products, his reason was because they had a great look out from on top of their building, yet after we purchase a couple of t shirts we noticed the store manager logging down credit for the driver. My belief was for marijunna, because the driver had a huge pot leaf sticker on his window. Very nice driver but we definitly got ripped off. Grand cayman island wasnt bad, except we stood out line for over an hour in the humidity and heat waiting to be transported back to our ship. Cozumel was by far the best. We had a great tour guide he took us around the entire island. I would definitly return to cozumel. Lasly, if you book any shore excursions on the cruise ship read the fine print. We booked an atv excursion and found out you needed a drivers liscense which my soon didnt have, another lady wanted to have her daughter swim with thd dolphins and sting rays but she couldnt because she had to be 12. Since my family spent 2200 for the cruise and 1600 for our tickets and another 1000 on board just to be entertained with alcohol and slots very very disappointing. Save your hard earned money for soemething better. Oh and buby the way graututities are not mandatory that 82 dollars they charge you per guest you can refuse to pay. I got a full refund after i seen a break down of where that money goes. We ended up tipping our housekeepers 60 dollars and keeping the rest. They are the only ones that truly worked their buns off on the ship. My advise cruise another cruise line if you cruise again.

Empty pockets; limited satisfaction

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by brogrens

Now carnival magic,

brogrens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8436
Great location, quiet, descent size and friendly stewards.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins