• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2015
Cabin: Junior Suite
Traveled with children

A lot has been said about Cyclone Pam and Rhapsody's Captain and the fact you cant fight mother nature. Having sailed the cruise with my wife and 4 year old it has to be said that almost all crew where consummate professionals without doubt and it did not matter who it was from bottom to top if you asked about the itinerary you got exactly the same answer from them all. Now I am not going to rip into the staff on the ship and I don't want to sound like a whinger but why did Royal Caribbean not change the itinerary before hand?

That said, our boy had a ball. He loved it and my thanks to the adventure ocean staff. Thanks to our table waiter and assistant waiter also. Head waiter not so much as he was rude to my wife in front of other guests and when that was complained about it was ignored.

So in summary an average cruise with good and bad points, could have been so much better but maybe my review is harsher because of the distance and time to get to and from the ship (UK) and expectations being what they were.

Junior Suite

Cabin JS

8062 JS. OK not WOW!

I am 6 ft 1 inch. I could not shower in the cabin, not sure if the floor in the bathroom had been raised but if I lifted the the shower up the water stopped running. I had to shower at the Spa each time or kneel down in the bath. I think if RCI were less enthusiastic about naming their rooms they would call this one a larger sized balcony room. Suite lends itself to have you believe you may get something extra not just an undersized bath robe.

Port Reviews

Mare

Cannot reasonably review this port but was nothing there really except a beach about half hour away. Tenders were often and waiting time for them not long.

Sydney (Australia)

Due to Cyclone Pam, itinerary was changed as we went.

We did not do four of the ports and spent extra time at sea. The changes, Luganville and champagne bay I cannot reasonably compare to the ports we should have called at.

Find a Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise from $159