3. Carnival Spirit
We cruised on the Carnival spirit for an 8 night cruise visiting Noumea, Mare and Isle of pines. booked a guaranteed balcony cabin and were very happy with our selection. The ship seemed huge to me and the tacky Las Vegas type décor does grow on you after a while!! Embarkation was a breeze and we were on the ship within 30 minutes of our 4.30pm embarkation time. We had dropped our bags off to the luggage check in earlier in the day to avoid the hassle of carrying while sightseeing and when we boarded they were waiting outside our room. The food was generally satisfactory. the buffet had a good selection of hot and cold items for breakfast, as well as Asian , Indian and roast meat at dinner times. We chose to dine in the buffet for breakfast and lunch and chose anytime dining in the MDR. We were usually able to get a table for two but did have to share with a group once. If you do not want to share a table with strangers I suggest you book a set dinner time. Two of our ports were tender and were on a tender boat within 30 minutes of getting our tender number. The ship has a feeling of grandeur and opulence but in some areas can feel cheap and tacky. I would recommend the carnival spirit and would not hesitate to travel on her again.

Awesome first cruise

travelbug1991’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F
Balcony cabin on deck 8. close location to the lido deck with pools and buffet, cabin was serviced twice daily with chocolates and towel animals left each evening. The cabin was clean and in good condition despite being slightly dated.

Bathroom small but functional. I would highly recommend paying the extra for a balcony cabin.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins