3. Adventure of the Seas
My husband and I took our 3 kids and my son's girlfriend. We arrived at the cruise port around 4 p.m. We had spent the day in San Juan at the beach. We flew in the day before and stayed at the Embassy Suites and Casino. (That's another review) The embarkation process was so easy. There were only just a couple people checking in at this time. The process was quick and easy. The cruise was fantastic. We loved all the ports. We had most of our excursions planned before the cruise and all of them were fantastic. My husband and I bought the basic drink package (beer/wine). That worked out great for us. We could always find something to eat for breakfast or a quick lunch/snack in the Windjammer. Somethings were tasty some not, but there are lots of choices. It's just a matter of tasting and figuring it out. We had chose the any time dining and were seated promptly every evening. I had booked the times online before the cruise. We sat at the same table each night with the same waiters. The wait staff was awesome. They knew what to bring us to drink without us asking. The service was very good. We enjoyed all of the options on the menu. We enjoyed most everything we ordered. After dinner we attended as many activities as we could fit in. We went to all the shows in the lyric theater, saw all the comedians, went to all the game shows and enjoyed a lot of activities in the promenade (70's dance party). We read through the compass and made a plan each night so we would not miss a thing. We loved all the activities. The entertainment was great. Our kids ages 17-21 enjoyed the shows too. The disembarkation was quick and easy. After a nice breakfast in the dining room we reported to our designated area where we were called just 10 min. later. Finding our luggage was easy and the customs check literally took 5 minutes. There were plenty of cabs available and we were back at the Embassy Suites in no time at all. We love the AOS this was our 3rd time. My only small complaint is this boat is getting a little tired. It could use some updating. The cabins need sprucing up and the halls and some areas really could use new carpeting and decor. This in no way determines what kind of trip I'm going to have, but I would give this ship an excellent rating if these changes were made.

Another Great Cruise on the AOS

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Cel64

My husband and I took our 3 kids and my son's girlfriend.

Cel64’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Cabin 8357/8457
I'm not sure what my cabin category was, but we had these two inside cabins.
We always get inside cabins it saves us a lot of money and with 5 or 6 people cruising I choose to put the money saved into awesome excursions.
I believe the AOS cabins need to be refreshed. New carpet and curtains are in order.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Antigua
    We went to the Valley Church Beach. We payed $6 per person for a cab ride there. The driver came back for us at our desired time and we payed him $6pp for the ride back. He pointed out different sights along the way.
    Most cabbies wanted $8pp, but you just need to ask around.
    Beware of the jet ski rentals (Rough & Tough rentals) These guys come along and sign you up for their rentals. It's $40.00 per half hour. Once they have your money they shorten your time on the jet skis. They call you in before your time is up. We tried to get our time straightened out and it was not good. They sit under an umbrella and smoke weed while you ride at your own risk at a shortened time. I would pass if I were you!!!!!
    View All 1,547 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    This was a tour by Small Cats. It was great. We did the whole day snorkeling with lunch tour. We were only 11 people on the catamaran, 6 of us and 5 in the other group. They did the 1/2 day cruise so for the last couple hours the boat was ours. We enjoyed the captain and his first mate. We say lots of turtles and fish. We went to 2 ship wrecks and a turtle feeding area. The lunch on board was delicious too.
    View All 69 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Bioluminescent Bay Kayaking
    This was a tour by PureAdventure. It was a lot of fun. Kayaking in the dark was challenging, but we enjoyed the adventure. I'm not sure what I expected to see at the bioluminescent bay, but it was pretty cool. A must see once.
    View All 14 Bioluminescent Bay Kayaking Reviews
  • ATV Adventure
    We rented 3 ATV's two persons on each. We went through the rain forrest to the top of a mountain (beautiful view) and back down. The sights were beautiful. Our guide was a little hard to understand. The tour starts and ends right across the street from Rainbow beach. You can get a free ride back to the cruise ship or stay on the beach (and walk back or cab at your own expense). We enjoyed the beach. We ate at the Rhythm's restaurant right there on the beach. The food was delicious, but the wait was crazy long. I think we waited and hour and 1/2 for sandwiches. After lunch we walked down a little ways to a quite spot. The beach is very crowded near the restaurant. You can rent chairs and umbrellas. We did not since we were only going to be there a short time. We chose to walk back to the ship. It was a 10 minute walk.
    View All 3 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We had our own personal tour guide, Danny Boy. He was waiting for us when we got off the boat. He was fantastic he was so knowledgeable. We visited all the main attractions and look out points. It was great we spent the whole day with him including lunch. He took us to a local place. The food was delicious. Great guy great tour!!!
    View All 253 Island Tour Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    We cabbed to Mullet Bay. I believe it was $8.00 pp. The beach is beautiful. You can rent chairs and umbrellas too. There is a little restaurant on the beach with wifi. The burgers were great. We love this beach.
    View All 4,738 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews