Marina Cruise Review

Some what disappointed

Marina Cruise Review by Manzana66

• Sail Date: Mar 2015
  • Destination: the South Pacific

My husband and I spent 10 days aboard the Marina of Oceania Cruises February – March 15 to 25 2015. We had a room on Deck level 10, Concierge level A1. Our room was very nice with a spacious bath which included a marbled bath and a shower but no much room in the closet to store the cloths and the empty luggage we have to put under the bed. The room was spacious enough for the two of us for 10 days cruise.

The food was excellent, but not much variety in the buffet and they don't have Canard à l’ orange as in the online menu. The Marina is a fairly new ship, beautifully decorated with lovely art. The entertainment was no bad, no variety, especially by the pool they play classic music that you don`t want to talk in order not to disturb everybody that is sleeping. Very little activities are offered for the sea days. We have no complaints about the staff, except the front desk sometime are like making you a favor to answer your questions.

Our biggest complaint is Oceania's marketing. We booked our 10 day voyage with concierge A1 which it big advertises with internet access, guess what to have access you have to pay. That meant that we had no free internet.

They advertise boutiques, I couldn't find a lipstick very little selection in the cosmetic department and I don`t recall seeing tooth paste or nothing like that, no souvenirs stores either.

If by any chance you didn't have a dessert at your lunch time, too bad, you have to wait until supper because there is no other place to have dessert except the ice cream bar beside the pool and for a pastry you have to go to the 4:00 pm tea time.

We took the Polynesia Cruise, the reception at the Papeete City Hall on a Sunday was a very bad experience, we wait there for almost 5 hrs with the heat, no AC after travelling for more than 24 hrs and only drinks were available, the only place to eat is the local market, who wants to travel that far to eat at the local market of a place that never visited before when we don`t do that in our own country. When I talked to the Concierge, they basically said too bad, not even an apology for the inconvenience, no sympathy nothing.

The 2 days in Nuku Hiva was too long, they should add one more day at Bora Bora or Rangiroa, there is not much to do there.

Also we were very surprised that no many organized excursions, you better go online and find one with the local companies

Oceania promotes people meeting other people with their classes and lectures, etc. People talk. I don't see how they expect to keep their clients happy. If I cruise with Oceania again, they need to have a good offer and very clear identified. Fool me once, Fool me twice, I don't think so.

I don`t understand why this company is rated 5.5 when really is 4.5 and I’m being very generous!!!

Manzana66's Full Rating Summary