3. Norwegian Epic
This was our second spring break cruise trip with the kids (15 and 9). We went on Carnival Conquest last year and decided to see the Epic before is disappeared for good! I'm glad we did. This ship is HUGE! It had plenty of activities and food options to appease most everyone on board. The embarkation, and all entering/exiting of the ship was handled amazingly well. I was nervous about how they would handle so many people, but I never waited in line, even for a tender. Well done NCL! The kids were a little apprehensive to join the camps and they wanted to just run free for the week. However once they did try the activities we couldn't peel them away! The entertainment was so-so, we tried the comedy shows a few times and left. The Blue Man Group was boring as well to me, but the rest of the audience seemed to enjoy watching these men silently make a big mess with paint. The Cirque show was my favorite, but buyer beware...opt for the premium seating and arrive early. We arrived 20 min before the show started and got the last seat over in the corner. My head was on the table trying to watch the aerial acts. The DJ's frankly got on my nerves because they played the same 5 line dance cruise ship songs every time they would come out to try to get people to dance. The service was a mixed bag...everyone was friendly but also confused. We would ask questions about when things were and no one would know. I saw 2 menus in the window at the Taste restaurant so I asked it was the lunch menu and they said yes. We went and were told at our table that the menu outside was for dinner! I tried to attend a class at the gym, and when I showed up they trainer had a PT session and told me he would try to reschedule it for tomorrow. Oh and there are no clocks on the ship! Only on a few passing televisions. I understand their theme is to have no agenda, but thats a bit much! The food was outstanding, we mostly ate at the buffet because it had everything and was just so tasty and convenient. The restaurants required 90 min (walking right in), which was usually hard to do and see a show. Never had to wait for a table though and the servers were great. We booked our excursions on our own to save money. Hired a driver for the day in Jamaica, he took us everywhere for the same price they wanted just for a single trip up the mountain. Tip...walk away from the main hub of taxis, the prices get cheaper as you get farther away...and don't be afraid to haggle! We went snorkeling and swimming with stingrays in Grand Cayman with Captain Marvin. This was our second time with him and I highly recommend it. Then finally we decided to rent a Jeep in Cozumel. Which again we got for half the price as what the shore excursion desk wanted. It was a great day to just explore on our own, visit the beaches and ruins. All in all, we are addicted to cruising. Its a one stop shop to drop your bags off, put your phone in the safe and kick back for a week without worrying about anything. No cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc! Already planning for next year's new itinerary...what shall we try next!

Cruising is what you make of it

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by kdm615

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 11142
The inside cabin was a bit smaller than I'm used to but they made up for it with the way they used the space given. I liked the fact that the bathroom was essentially scattered around the room! One person could take a shower while the other used the toilet or sink. This was very convenient while trying to get ready. There was ample storage for clothing, both closet and drawers. I'm happy we chose this room. We weren't in it very much so didn't miss the balcony, and appreciated the extra cash in our pockets!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins