• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jennykelly
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2015
Cabin: Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony

We were a group of 18 adults and 3 children ages 18 months, 4 and 13, celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary. All of us have cruised multiple times on all the major cruise lines. Most of us live in the Ft. Lauderdale area so we did not need a hotel. The day before embarkation we received a recorded message encouraging us to board at 2 pm. The embarkation process was very efficient and we were aboard quickly.

The ship is huge, very clean (Purell stands everywhere) and there were so many activities for all ages. We all enjoyed the shows (we had signed up for them in advance)...hard to pick one favorite, they were all top-notch. In fact, the shows were my favorite part of the cruise. I watched the first act of Cats one evening but was too tired to watch the second act so I ended up seeing it later in the week and really enjoyed it. I had read the comments about Cats and really, where else can you see a full Broadway show for no additional cost? Keep in mind that you do have a choice about going to see it or not. Definitely sign up for the headliner show in advance--the act does change each week though. Some of us did the comedy club--the venue is small so try and sign up in advance if you can. We also enjoyed the 70's disco party in the Royal Promenade one night and the DreamWorks Parade was cute (camp out early for a good spot as it did get very crowded).

Our cruise was still during spring break so the ship was very full but most of the time I did not notice it was crowded. I went to the gym and jogging/running track every day and did notice the cigarette smell in the gym. Didn't stop my from working out though. The track is nice in that it was never too crowded when I was on it (usually between 7-9 am) and you are also able to get a nice breeze and glimpses of outside between the lifeboats. The gym was sometimes crowded during this time but it had lots of different types of equipment.

Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony