Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review
1,835 Reviews

First Cruise - had a marvelous time!!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by marysretired

• Sail Date: Mar 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

My husband took me on this cruise to celebrate my birthday. It was all new to us, so we had nothing to compare it to. The ship is great, very clean and shiny, the staff worked constantly to keep it that way. We always saw them polishing railings, cleaning rooms and large spaces, and there are hand sanitation stations everywhere. Lots to do on board, which was a good thing, since I like to do things, not just sit around. We had fun meeting new people, and enjoyed the 80 degree weather after the long winter. Haiti was beautiful, Royal Carribean beach is lovely and we were escorted to the space we wanted and lounges were set up for us. We did not have the barbeque on the island since the lines were extremely long, so we went back to the ship for lunch.

Our waiters, Dave and Raj were excellent, and attended to our every request for our meals, so much so, that we ate virtually every meal in the dining room. The food was terrific and others who had been on other cruise lines agreed with that as well. Well prepared meals with plenty of variety, and oh, oh the Chocolate Sensation dessert! The enteretainment on board was good as well, the magician/comedian was very funny, and I especially liked the Rosario Strings, who played violin and guitar, very romantic. Also, at the Centrum, the music continued into the night with dance lessons for all, a great 50s review one night, with a cute number al la "Grease". What fun. Debarkation was sofast, I was sorry it was over!!!

marysretired's Full Rating Summary

Large Interior Stateroom

although was suppose to be a larger cabin, it was very small, and I have no way of knowing what a smaller one would be like. However, it was adequate for our needs.

marysretired