3. Norwegian Jade
This was my 5th Norwegian cruise and probably the least impressive of the 5. First and foremost, cabin 11084, a mini suite, was the nosiest of any room I have ever stayed in...anywhere. I've stayed in mini suites before...last one under the pool deck...which were noisy, but this on was right under one of the serving stations in the buffet and the noise from midnight to 6 am was nothing short of spectacular. Noises included carts rolling by, cleaning equipment, tables being dragged across the floor, and the sound of pans being shuffled around. I understand that this all must be done, but the lack of soundproofing was a wonder. I did complain to the hotel staff, and got a response from the desk folks, "call us when it happens, and we will get them to be more quiet." Considering that it was pretty much non stop from midnight on, the idea of spending the night on the phone was not a pleasant one. Once it got escalated to the hotel director's assistant, they did offer me another cabin on another floor to sleep in. That didn't seem to be very workable, but I did appreciate the offer. The entertainment was very good, but I did notice that while on my other cruises, my Freestyle daily was usually marked up pretty good with things I wanted to do, on this cruise there was very little I wanted to do. I wish I had kept some from other cruises to compare. Food was ok in the buffet and I enjoyed the dinners I had in the dining rooms...not memorable, but decent. The saving grace on this cruise was the staff and stewards. Always smiling (genuine smiles, not forced ones like in some tourist situations) and always helpful. It's one of things that brings me back to NCL.

Avoid the Mini Suites...especially 11084!

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by acdfpic

This was my 5th Norwegian cruise and probably the least impressive of the 5.

acdfpic’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MX 11084
Unless you are hearing impaired...run quickly away from this cabin. Noisiest cabin/room I have ever stayed in.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Exclusive Villages and Tastes of Turkey
    Great small tour going to a couple of small villages...one touristy and the other, we were the only tourists in the village. Great time walking the village and meeting the locals. Lunch at a local cafe surrounded by families. Great fun!
    View All 13,176 Exclusive Villages and Tastes of Turkey Reviews