3. Celebrity Eclipse
Embarkation in Miami was not very well managed and it took us quite a while to get onto the ship although we were Elite. Once on the ship we immediately went to Bistro on Five and had a wonderful lunch. We got 3 vouchers per day to use on drinks between 5 and 7 pm. The drink menu was very limited. The ship was beautiful and we were delighted with our Aqua cabin. This ship doesn't have a thalassotherapy pool as other ships do and I missed the lovely warm sea water pool. However the Persian Gardens were a lovely place to relax. The entertainment on the 4 nights we were on the ship was terrific. Four young men had a Jersey Boys act which was fabulous with audience interaction. They said they were performers on Les Miz and decided to have their own show. Their last song from Les Miz brought the house down. Food in Blu was not up to par. All the meals were served lukewarm and we had to send most back as we really don't enjoy a warm steak or the other entrees. The service also seems to have deteriorated. On a few occasions we had to remind our waiters that we were still waiting for our food. Many friends told me that since Blu is one of the main reasons they book aqua cabins and the food has deteriorated in quality, they don't feel it's worth the extra money and book concierge instead. Unfortunately we were on the ship only 5 days of our 14 day cruise. My husband experienced shortness of breath and we made the disastrous mistake of taking the advice of a fellow passenger to visit the medical department. Dr. Leal informed us that their Xray machine had been broken for months and we needed to get off the ship the next morning which was in Grenada. We were literally dumped in a third world country fearing for our safety and my husband's medical attention. When I voiced my concerns to Dr. Leal, he answered "call the US Embassy. Call the port agent" and dismissed me as if I were an irritating fly. The next 3 days in Grenada were what nightmares are made of. My husband was placed in a ward with many other men, none of whom received any medical attention. The equipment was rusted. The food was beyond disgusting - stinking fish, stale bread, shredded greens. I stayed at a hotel 25 miles away and had to take a taxi back and forth. It turns out that there was another man with the identical situation at the hospital in Grenada. He had XRays taken and was brought back to the ship in a taxi cab. I had to translate for them as they only spoke French so I know personally that they returned to the ship with XRays in hand. I have written to Celebrity and hope that they can investigate this situation. I took many pictures of the horrific conditions which I forwarded to Celebrity's president. So, my advice to everyone - do not go to the medical center. They are not there for you. If they feel there is the slightest risk of liability they will throw you off the ship. My husband would have been fine continuing as he had the first few days. He rested in our cabin most of the day and I pushed him around in a wheel chair during the evenings.

Do not go to the medical center no matter what!!!

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Luvsailing

Luvsailing’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1538
Our accessible aqua cabin was wonderful. The balcony was perfect. The storage space was ample. The bed was very comfortable. Our cabin steward was friendly, helpful and couldn't have done a better job for us filling our every need right away.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins