3. Navigator of the Seas
Where do I start? This was my first cruise and I can honestly say that I hope it is not my last. I got a very good first impression from this ship. Even though the sailing was a bit rough at first, the animated staff and cautious captain was able to keep everybody's spirits up. As far as food is concerned, you have plenty of choices. Windjammer's is a buffet open all day with more choices than you need and a section with sushi (Jade). There are also two restaurants, Chops and Portofino which are very nice. Chops is a specialty in meats and Portofino in Italian cuisine. If that is not enough, you can always go to the dining room, which I definitely suggest because of its beautiful decor and excellent service. You will NOT be bored on this cruise and will probably come off the ship feeling like you hadn't done much, but that's only because there is so much to do. There is a sports deck, a pool deck, plenty of indoor activities, such as daily Bingo in the Extapa lounge and ice skating (yes you can go skating on this ship!). At night, you can enjoy the wonderfully executed shows with truly talented singers and dancers. The good bye show is something you should not miss and will not be able to forget. Excursions can be easily planned in the comfort of your own room, by selecting from the menu on you television, or if you feel like dealing with someone face-to-face, you can go down to the desk and plan it there. St. Thomas is the place for shopping so I don't recommend that you choose a long activity that day because it truly has some great shops. As far as service is concerned, that is really what made my trip. My state room attendant (from India), our waiters (from Jamaica, South Africa and India) and everyone that you ask for directions while on the ship (from all over the world!!) are so kind and respectful and it really seems like they want you to have a pleasant stay. All that combined with the fun activities (do not hesitate to attend Bingo...you will regret it!) make for a very pampered stay that makes it very difficult to leave and truly reinforces that it is "Like no vacation on earth"!

Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean