3. Navigator of the Seas
NOTS is a great cruise ship. We love the open Promenade design. Much more "fun" than other ships where you have to walk through clubs and casinos or walk down cabin hallways to get from end to end of the ship. Wonderful food in both the cafeteria and the MDR. Extremely gracious crew! Son teen had a fun time with other teens. Daughter teen was less than thrilled with the teen programs. The ship has a great fitness room! It also has a lovely upstairs chapel for quiet prayer time. This cruise stopped at Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, on three consecutive days. A great way to see these wonderful ports. We did an independent tour (Rony's) on Roatan, and it was terrific. Pirates of the Caribbean Zipline Adventures was great. Treat yourself and pack some clothes and soccer balls for local kids. Great orphanages and outlets for our resources. In Belize, half the family booked an indy excursion with cavetubing.bz, and they had a fine time. They enjoyed the fact that the company hauled the tubes enroute to the water, while other companies make you haul your own. My son and I signed up for the ship excursion scuba dive to Turneffe Atoll. We would usually avoid ship diving groups, but we decided to select this one bc (1) in Belize you have to take a tender to the shore, and this added a significant delay to the dive trip, limiting any indy dives to only the Barrier Reef. It was simply too far to take an indy dive op out to Turneffe Atoll. Also, Hugh Parkey ran the ship excursion, and they are very well regarded in the diving community. The dives were great. It was a treat to be picked up and dropped off at the ship. In Cozumel, half the family booked an indy outing to Chankanaab and thoroughly enjoyed the manatee encounter. $20 cab fare and a nice online discount price of $60 pp for a day of fun. Also, Chankanaab is a great beach and snorkel area. My son and I booked an indy dive with Aldora Divers. We had used them before and love them. Best two-tank dive I ever had. Aldora is superb. At sea days were OK, but the first three days in a row (Sun, Mon and Tues) get a little long. That is just a fact of geography. My only question about the cruise ship is RCCL decision to have three "upscale" restaurants onboard. Paying extra for Mexican food seems silly to me (especially being from San Antonio). Overall, it gives one the strange feeling that they are "slumming" if they only eat fine dining that they have already pre-paid for. I know they have done their homework, but it seems a bit of an odd use of ship space. This is a small point, though. Overall the cruise was wonderful.

Wonderful ship and cruise

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by bilboinsa

bilboinsa’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin 8674 & 8666
Absolutely wonderful. Javier was a great attendant. Only issue is how full the mini fridge comes stocked, leaving little room for our waters, etc....
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cave-Tubing
    Wife liked the trip very much. They carry the tubes to the water. Other companies make you carry your own. I have to enter at least 150 characters...
    View All 338 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Scuba Diving
    Booked ship excursion because tenders are used to shore, and such limited any shore dive op to dives on the Barrier Reef. The ship excursion was led by Hugh Parkey and went out to Turneffe Atoll. Parkey is a well-regarded op in Belize. The dives were well-run and great. Being picked up and dropped off at the cruise ship was a real treat.
    View All 15 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Manatee Swim Encounter
    Booked online and got 10% discount from gate price. $20 taxi ride from International Pier. Am told the encounte was wonderful. They give tons of pics on a CD. All good fun. Great swim and snorkel area also.
    View All 11 Manatee Swim Encounter Reviews
  • Scuba
    Second time w Aldora. They are the best in Cozumel! $10 cab to store. All gear was included. Good rental gear. Nice boat. Rachel was our DM. She is fantastic. Only two other divers and Rachel. Dove Santa Rosa then Cedral. Divers get to tell their wants. First rate op. SI at Mr. sanchos....wonderful guac and fish tacos. Great!!!
  • Galveston
    Galveston is a convenient port for embarcation. That is all. I will continue to type until I hit the required 150 charactes that the box tells me is
    View All 671 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Galveston Cruise Port Review
  • Dannys Monkey House
    Really a basic wildlife house in the Caribbean. Makes you appreciate American zoos. Nice to see monkeys, etc... Baby sloth was cute. But really sad to see these animals in these pens. $10 pp
    View All 13,608 Dannys Monkey House Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Tia was a great guide. $100 got us a private van w A/C. Lots of time to make our own schedule. Did Pirates of the Caribbean Ziplines, Danny's Monkey House, and stopped at the Swamp to give clothes, med supplies and soccer balls to local kids. Tia showed us off the beaten path stops for local food and wine. Love local artists on Roatan!
    View All 228 Island Tour Reviews
  • Ziplining
    Booked the "Extreme" option. Highest and longest line in the Western Hemisphere. HUGE first line!!! Great guides. Felt safe even though our first time. Able to see the ocean from the first line, but that was it. Wish you could see more. Such is life.
    View All 172 Ziplining Reviews