3. Navigator of the Seas
Overall, we had an extremely enjoyable time!! This was our second RCCL Cruise; we have done 4 on Carnival. The embarkation process was fast, and everyone was smiling on Sunday, even though the weather was awful!! The shows were really good - we saw just about everything they offered in the theater! We missed the ice show, and would have loved to have seen it - heard it was VERY GOOD!! Our excursions (we did 3) were all top notch - the one we had a slight hiccup on was not the fault of Carnival; rather the tour operator, and it was minor in the grand scheme of things! The Cruise Director's Staff did a great job - we interacted with several of them, as we played Trivia with 2 of them, Bingo with another, and sat in on an informational class on watches with another!! Our cabin was nice, and our steward did a good job, besides being extremely personable!! We switched our table in the Main Dining Room after the first evening - the service was disjointed and very unprofessional. The table we switched to had a FABULOUS team, and we were so thankful we decided to switch - the Main Dining Room became our "look forward to" activity of the day!! Now, here are my NEGATIVES, of which there aren't many: --There are no robes in the cabins. If I had know this, I would have packed mine (there are on Carnival, and there were on our other RCCL cruise). --The Buffet actually CLOSES between breakfast and lunch, and then again between lunch and dinner. I understand the need to get prepped for the next round of service, but other ships close the buffet in a staggered circle, so that there is always one section open as they prepare to open the next meal. Not so on the Navigator. If you want to eat between 11 and 12 or 3:30 and 5, you must go to the little place on deck 5 and get a dried out, pre-made chicken salad sandwich. --By the end of the week, the Bar Tenders weren't quite so friendly. I know they can get frustrated, but we had several (more than 2) be rather short with us on the last Sea Day. None of my Negatives would preclude me from going again - 2 were a matter of me not knowing ahead of time, and the other, well...what are you gonna do? Like I said, overall, we had an extremely enjoyable time!!

Overall, we had an extremely enjoyable time!!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by BeccaBelle

Now, here are my NEGATIVES, of which there aren't many:

BeccaBelle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

I thought our cabin was great - it was in a good location and the Steward (Leon) was very helpful and extremely personable!! The bed was comfy and there was plenty of closet space!!
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Chankanaab National Park Tour
    This was a great Park!! We started out walking around the "lagoon", which is really a giant cenote! It was beautiful, with the fishes and blue-green water!! Then we walked to the crocodiles and checked them out!! Then on to the beach, where we were all fitted with snorkeling equipment, and into the water we went!! The snorkeling only lasted about 45 minutes, and then we were given 1-1/2 hours to lay on the beach. (I would have loved to spend more time snorkeling instead of beaching!). Then it was a walk down the beach to view the dolphin area, and then into the arena for the Sea Lion show - very entertaining!! After that, it was on to the replica Mayan house - interesting! Then we went to the Tequila Tasting (good but low-end Tequila). Then it was back to the front and back on our vans. Since we still had 3 hours in port, we had them drop us off at the shopping area 3/4 of a mile from the pier and we worked our way back!!
    View All 228 Chankanaab National Park Tour Reviews
  • Plantation Tour
    This was an informative, enjoyable day. The only hitch in the git-along was a miscommunication between the tour staff, and we waited/wasted 45 minutes of our day. The Manager had to be called in. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed this!!
    View All 44 Plantation Tour Reviews
  • Galveston
    These guys are efficient and know how to get you to the fun faster!! It gets kind of bottlenecked dropping off the luggage, since the previous cruise is still picking up their luggage, but if you pay attention to the workers, they guide you through smoothly!!
    View All 671 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Galveston Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    After the Turtle Farm, we drove to Hell - a unique land formation that was funto experience. Then we boarded our boat to the Stingrays - 30 minutes in the sun on the beautiful Caribbean water!! We reached the sandbar for the stingrays, and it was like a boat parking lot. We spent another 20 minutes parking the boat. But once we did, we were the first off the boat!! We spent over an hour in waist deep water, feeding, petting, and holding these amazing creatures!! This was by far the best excursion we have ever taken!!!
    View All 734 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Turtle Farm
    LOVED IT!!! Our tour guide was very informative as we traveled to the Turtle Farm. Then he led us around the farm, explaining things as we went. We were allowed to get in with the juvenile turtles - no one did, except my husband and me!! What an experience!!!!
    View All 306 Turtle Farm Reviews