Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review

Liked Carnival better

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Kb273

• Sail Date: Feb 2015
  • Destination: the Caribbean

This was my 7th cruise, but my first on NCL. I was excited knowing the reputation of NCL. It certainly did not live up to my expectations. I have always had much better service on Carnival, this includes better service on dining areas, happier staff, and more cordial room steward.

When booking excursions at the desk, the two people working the counter really seemed put off with their jobs. They did not make any excursions sound exciting. When I asked about the ruins tour the comment made to me was, if you seen one ruins you've seen them all.

At the dining rooms the service was slow, we waited ten to fifteen minutes after being seated to be acknowledged. Then the wait for food was longer than I experienced on Carnival. We waited almost 20 minutes for desert, and the dining room was almost empty.

On Carnival our room stewards always took the time on the first day to introduce himself and always not only said hi, but talked to us and may us feel like we were special. On NCL out steward was nice, but only actually talked to us once, and that was the third day, he said hi.

I will stick with Carnival or try RCL. We have been on all class of Carnival from the Excstasy to the Magic and Conquest. I love Carnival.

Kb273's Full Rating Summary