Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by cheche01

• Sail Date: Feb 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom

We were on the Grandeur the 21th if Feb. for 10 nights, we got the ship in Baltimore.

There was a big mess up with our tables, they had my sister and her friend at a table for two, and my husband and me at a table for four, we were supposed to be at a table for ten, after two hours we got that took care of.

I have been on 25 cruises with RCI, always were good and no complaints but this cruise was the pits. The WJ was dirty, had the the worst waiter in the dining room, she would forget to take people's orders, always gave everyone the wrong dish, the poor girl did not know what she was doing, if you ordered soup you were lucky to get it, the food was always cold. I seen a waiter wipe his nose on his shirt sleeve, it was disgusting.

One of the bands got into it and the woman stormed off stage, we were told she was sick, I seen her get mad and storm off the stage, it was terrible.

The ship had rust and dirty windows, I have never been on a cruise like this, it was a waste of money, never again on the Grandeur, the mattress was terrible, they finally replaced it, this is the first time I have ever complained about a cruise, but this ship needs more help and cleaned up, one night I ask for shrimp cocktail, was told no, RCI is cutting their budget.

Ordered a grilled cheese, it was a hard piece of bread from room service, this is the truth.

cheche01's Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin F 4952

Was ok, very small.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

We took a private excursion through trip advisor, my son served on the USS Kittiwake for four years and the Grand Cayman bought the ship on January 11th, 2011 and sunk it, A private divers club took my husband and me on their boat out to see the USS Kittiwake, I felt my son was with us, he would have been so happy, he loved the navy.

A diver is sending me a video.

It was the high light of our cruisr.

Labadee

Went to the cook out and beach, laid in the shade on some comfy chairs talked to a lot of people, ate and went back to the ship.

The beach was beautiful and peaceful.

Falmouth

Walked around and did some shopping, we have been to all these ports did Dunns River, so went back to the ship and relaxed in the sun and hot tub.

Did not like WJ, too dirty, also the seats in the theater were dirty, when you put your arms down the arms of the seat were sticky.

Baltimore

Very cold but went to a nice restaurant for crab cakes, the hotel was not great, but it was close to the pier and airport but would not stay at the Best Western again.

Cozumel

We had a nice relaxing lunch in Cozumel.

Enjoyed the warm weather and did some shopping.

Too hot to do much walking.

Been there several times, went back to the ship and laid out at the pool deck.

cheche01