Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by CruzeeCrazee

• Sail Date: Feb 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

I am a senior citizen who loves to cruise. This was my second cruise on the Navigator of the Seas (8th RCI cruise) and it was wonderful. I was on Navigator last March and thought it was a good cruise but this time was even better. This crew is great, especially the restaurant staff and bartenders. Went to Izumi twice, Glenn and LLoyd made sure the dining experience was excellent each time. Izumi is the perfect venue to enjoy delicious, fresh seafood with friends. Chef Jake in Giovanni's Table was very nice and made sure my meal was perfect. Chop's served the best scallops I have ever eaten. I had meals in the main dining room and the Windjammer and was pleased with everything I tried. Zero complaints about any of the food!

Although I could have cocktails in either the Diamond Lounge or the Concierge Lounge, I spent more time visiting my favorite bartenders and trying different drinks. Willy and Constancio are the go-to guys in the Cosmopolitan Lounge. Fernando, in the Casino Bar, makes the best Caipirioska when you want to try something really refreshing. See the lovely young lady named Ngamila when you go the Two Poets Pub for libations.

As you probably guessed, I cruise for the food and drinks! However, this cruise I enjoyed the Spa services too. In addition to having my hair done a couple of times, I tried the "Salon Sampler" which offered several treatments. I recommend this service because you can choose what you want and try several things that make you feel so good.

Entertainment was good. The Meet & Mingle was fun and lively. The "silent dancing" was a hoot. You just have to see it! This was my first time seeing The Quest. What a hilarious audience participation activity.

Park West is doing the Art Auctions once again. Yeah! I should have stayed away, but it is just too much fun and now I have some more art to remind me of this cruise.

Embarkation and disembarkation were much better this time!

CruzeeCrazee's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 1256

First Navigator of the Seas cruise was in a Junior Suite which was very nice but I prefer the GS. I have been in Grand Suites on other RCI ships but this one was more spacious. I usually do not get off the ship during the cruise so I like to have a larger cabin with a large balcony. I also enjoy the amenities that come with the GS. The only negative comment I have is that I did hear some noise like chairs being drug across the deck above a couple of times but it wasn't a big deal.

CruzeeCrazee