3. Carnival Fantasy
This was my family's fifth cruise together, and we found it to be just as great as the other Carnival ships we've been on, if on a slightly smaller scale due to the Fantasy's physically smaller size. Embarkation was simple, or as simple as it gets when 3 thousand people board a ship. Me and my husband traveled with our three children, ages 6, 7, and 14. Camp Carnival was definitely something they enjoyed, and I know my teen even made a bunch of friends. The ship offered a lot of entertainment, with great Vegas style shows, that my whole family enjoyed. The kids participated in trivia and won several trophies. My husband and I visited the Cat's Lounge, a very odd sort of place in the sense of decor, seeing as everything was constructed from giant-sized cat-themed things. The music was great, and the place was packed most nights. Electricity disco seemed suited to a slightly younger crowd (20-30), but we enjoyed ourselves, being in the early forties ourselves. Great music and a fantastic bar. Fantastic bars all over the ship, actually. The forum lounge seemed a bit outdated, but we enjoyed karaoke there. The lido pool deck had one of those salt water pools I don't particularly enjoy, but it had a decent slide that my kids enjoyed. The hot tubs were ALWAYS full of unruly children, despite the fact that they had a separate hot tub. However, the adult hot tubs were watched pretty closely by the staff, so we were able to relax there. Windows on The Sea restaurant was spacious, with a great salad bar and mediocre food at best. It was also (To my husband and childrens' disappointment) the only place to get ice cream. This was a change from most Carnival ships, which have many ice cream stations. The smell, however, made windows on the sea unbearable. Switching subjects, the kids game room was slightly small, but had many games, including Wii, which is my kids' latest obsession. The Universe lounge had great views of the show, and I was very impressed. The dining was superb, as was the service, and my husband and I loved the exercise machines and Spa Carnival. Overall, the ship was great, especially for a first timer, but for experienced cruisers, like us, it's definitely not the best. Locations: Cozumel is our fave Mexican city next to Cancun, and for the first time, the ship stopped right next to a small resort, which gave us A FANTASTIC PRICE! $85 for a family of five, for unlimited food and drinks, and free hour of snorkel equipment! It had a private beach, pool, bar, hot tub, and restaurant! Unfortunately, I totally spaced on the name of the resort, but we could see the ship (and probably swim to it) from the resort. The food was AMAZING, and we loved it. Our best experience in Cozumel yet.

Fantastic Fantasy

Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Fantasy price drops

Great cabin, just the right size, clean bathrooms, nice steward.
  Carnival Fantasy Deck Plans