3. Norwegian Pearl
After reading many fantastic reviews on the Norwegian Pearl, I expected that my cruise experience would be stellar. My first experience with Norwegian will likely be my last. I found that the staff on board were extremely rude and had little personality, something I had never experienced before on a cruise, normally the staff is friendly, outgoing and go out of their way to be friendly and helpful-NOT the case at all on this particular cruise in most service areas (The only exception to this were the folks working at the reception desk) The Garden Cafe was always extremely crowded and it was always difficult to find a seat, it would be helpful if there were staff to assist people in finding available tables instead of allowing them to wander around aimlessly with plates of food. Come meal time it was next to impossible to find anyone to take a drink order unless you wanted to walk ALL the way to the entrance of the Garden Cafe to the ONE beverage person, by the time you get back to the table after wading through the crowd, your meal is cold. Supposedly there is a 30 minute time limit on unattended lounge chairs by the pool, however people were allowed to hang their towels on a chair all day without returning, as this policy was not enforced and that left a shortage of chairs for everyone else unless you woke up at 5am to reserve chairs. Lounge chairs at Great Stirrup Cay were very limited and most people coming after the second tender had no lounge chairs at all. After one of the ports of call I got stuck in a downpour with one of my children, we had to walk 1/4 of a mile in the rain, upon returning to the ship I asked the gentleman that was on the gangway with the new towels if I could have one for my little girl who was soaked, he told me NO quite rudely-these were just for exchanges if he couldn't make an exception seeing that my very small daughter was drenched. The elevators are extremely slow. Noise outside the cabin was terrible starting around 6am. I overheard one of the youth counselors at the Kids Club swearing in frustration in the presence of my children as well as other children. The entertainment was definitely lacking. We found ourselves bored most nights, there are only so many nights you want to see a comedian. The food was good. I dined in the Garden Cafe, Cagney's and Indigo and was pleased with each. A cruise, even a bad one is still a good experience most times, however I do not think I will cruise on this line again.

Could use a customer service facelift

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by jenn83

• Sail Date: November 2008
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside
My first experience with Norwegian will likely be my last.
The elevators are extremely slow.
Noise outside the cabin was terrible starting around 6am.
jenn83’s Full Rating Summary