• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2008
Cabin:

Hello, This is my first review I have written on CC and this was our second cruise with Carnival. We flew from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale on American Airlines with no delays and a relatively flawless flight. Upon arrival we took a cab to the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. The cost of the cab was 40 dollars which I found to be a little high. The hotel itself is beautiful and when the hotel staff found out we were celebrating our honeymoon, they sent up a bottle of wine which we thought was great.

EMBARKATION: We arrived to the port at 12:00. We would have been early but the road leading into the port was in dead stop traffic which we were in for about a half an hour. Upon arrival, the line was all along the building, curling into where buses and cabs dropped you off. Once moving the line moved pretty well. We were on the ship at around 1:30 and ready to check out the ship.

SHIP DECOR: I read many reviews before boarding the ship regarding the pink color of the public rooms. To be honest the ship is tastefully decorated. Yes it has many pinks and reds but the lights change to different colors and everything goes well with one another. The one aspect I could do away with is the pink circles on the steel doors and elevators.

1 Helpful Vote