3. Navigator of the Seas
After an absence of about 4 years I decided to try Royal Caribbean again. I should never have bothered. They definitely earn their standing as worst cruise line in my book. This was a 12 day cruise and the tap water came out brown during the entire cruise. I understand the problem continued on the following cruise. The bathroom featured a nice shower with good water pressure. There was a shampoo dispenser but no shower gel. They place bar soap in the shower. Also, there is a water restricter on the sink tap which made the water come out in almost a trickle. I needed to use the handheld shower head to rinse out anything in the sink. Luckily it reached. The men's gym was disgusting. The soiled towels piled up and fresh towels were not to be found. Several phone calls were made before anyone would appear to clean up. On Carnival, there was a full-time crew member maintaining the changing area. The crew aboard Navigator was not the friendliest group. Very often they would pass by without a friendly greeting. I have always found cruise ship staff to make an effort to be friendly to their guests but apparently this is not encouraged or monitored on Royal Caribbean. I had a PR cabin and the drawer space consisted of 3 drawers beneath the tv about the width of a shoe box. There were 2 other drawers, one each in each night stand. Also, small. For a 12-night cruise this was unacceptable. At times the food could be very good. Even the lobster tails proved to be excellent. There was also an excellent baked sea bass, which was one of the only dishes I experience, other than the Indian cuisine, that had any kick to it. There was plenty of food. However, they ran out of something so basic as lemon. The Seattle's Best coffee is horrible. They even put Instant Maxwell House out as a alternative. I dined in both Portofino and Chops. Portofino definitely has the edge. Service and food were excellent. I did enjoy my entree (a perfectly cooked veal chop), sides(the mushrooms are like heroin) and dessert in Chops, as well as the service, but the soups, starters and salads were ho-hum. Carnival's supper club is far superior. Entertainment was not so wonderful. I find the music options superior on NCL and Carnival. The theatre is not well designed and there are a lot of obstructed views. There are only 2 banks of elevators, which are then sub-divided so that you need to run back and forth if no elevator is available in the direction you are heading. Check-in was excellent and went quickly. Disembarkation was done by schedule and ran smoothly, except when you arrive in the terminal building in Ft. Lauderdale, you wait in line before entering the baggage claim area. I recall things running smoother in the Miami terminal. The shops on board the ship offered no bargains. I priced a Tissot Watch and it was going for U.S. retail price. They then offered a slight discount, but nothing compared to what you can get at home. Alcohol was not as cheap as the Caribbean but since the ship was not going there they probably felt that they didn't need to be as competitive. Also, despite the Royal Promenade featuring a lot of shops, they still felt it necessary to place tables in the middle to sell even more merchandise. The television offered a decent selection of not-so-new films. But since I hadn't seen any of them, it was fine with me. However, no film schedule was printed or available on television. Worst of all was the c.d. Kieron and his side-kick Cuddy. Two classless boors who have no business parading their low comedy on the onboard tv. Kieron thought it would be a hoot to have guests shout across to the Disney Wonder, "You're on the wrong ship!" as we docked next to it in Nassau. Not only is this tacky, but incorrect. We were on the wrong ship!

So long, Royal Caribbean

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by cruise pup

cruise pup’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Drawer space next to nil. Water restricter on bathroom tap reduces flow to almost a trickle. Too many pillow shams and such on the bed making it a chore to take a nap. Good shower stall with semi-cirular door. Excellent shower pressure. Shampoo dispenser only. Bar soap instead of shower gel.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans