3. Carnival Spirit
Got to the Spirit from Sacramento. Had a TERRIBLE embarkation - waited 3.5 hours before finally getting aboard. Nobody knew what they were doing - it was a bad joke. Got to my stateroom during the muster station drill. Went directly to bed. I went on a "Singles Cruise" but found out that mostly the "singles" were men over 60. I'm a 44 year old guy. Ugh - very few women. Lotsa older people and families - not the "FUN" ship I imagined. My stateroom was nice and the staff was friendly. However, I will NEVER go on Carnival again unless they change their television situation. Not that I'm going on a cruise to watch TV, but I'm there to relax. I'm not going to "party all the time" and wanted to watch some of the NFL games and NBA games. All Carnival had was 3 Denver channel, CNN & TNT. Worse yet, the TNT was in spanish. Come on now, this is 2008!! - the last thing I want to watch is CNN with all the world troubles. The staff was oblivious to this problem and was verbally harassed by some mad football fans. Very disappointing. Acapulco was great - Ixtapa was a pain to get to with the tender boats and Manzanillo sucked. When I opened my balcony door, it was like we were docked at the Long Beach shipping yard. One nice thing was the spa - had a very nice seawood wrap and the staff was excellent. The room service was quite prompt, but the food stunk - ordered a ham sandwich - got the ham smashed between 2 pieces of Wonder Bread. Umm, fine cuisine!! All in all, a below average cruise. I would not recommend it.

zzzzzz....

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Dave

All in all, a below average cruise. I would not recommend it.
Dave’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Nice stateroom - big balcony - comfortable bed.
  Carnival Spirit Deck Plans