3. Coral Princess
Our family, a group of 7, took the May 22nd cruise north from Vancouver to Whittier and then continued on the extended tour to Copper River and Denali Parks. Our cruise on the Coral Princess was wonderful from beginning to end with only a few rough spots to note. The ship itself is lovely and run well. The staff is friendly and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was on the ship since I had heard it was just average. I don't think I had anything that wasn't really good and we had trouble limiting ourselves in the Horizon Court buffet area to just one serving since you could keep going back if you wanted. We had Personal Choice dining and had no trouble getting seated in the formal dining areas. The balconies on the ship were nice and the stewards opened the doors between our rooms so we could visit and talk between our balconies. We spent a lot of time just watching the scenery and looking for animals (we saw quite a few too). We took scheduled tours through Princess in each of the ports and all were professionally run. Our helicopter tour to Mendenhall Glacier was cancelled in Juneau due to weather but we went to the tour desk on the ship and they were able to book us for a glacier helicopter trip the next day in Skagway. I highly recommend the tours. My only complaint about the ship itself was the design of the Horizon Court Buffet. The traffic patterns were poorly planned and when it was even a little crowded people were crossing each other back and forth to get to food. My other big complaint was with the embarkation in Vancouver. Princess sped us through their processing but the US Govt Customs people had us lined up for over an hour with only two agents checking passports for the huge crowd of people boarding. Despite this, which was out of Princess' control, I'd highly recommend the Coral Princess and this awesome trip through the glaciers and Alaska's towns.

Coral Princess - Alaska