3. Splendour of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Splendor of the Seas by Dick Stein Greek Cruise November 1-8, 2008 This was our eleventh RCCL Cruise, our first with this line in 3 years, we have done 22 cruise with Princess, 8 cruises with HAL and 13 cruises with Celebrity. We booked a balcony guarantee on a promotion with air for less than $2400 each. We had a Delta flight from Cleveland to JFK and on to Venice with a 4 hour layover at JFK. All flights were on time, got a bus at the airport and we were on the ship by 11 AM. Could not go to cabin till 1 PM Cabins: The cabin 6126 (cat. D1) rear balcony that was attractively decorated and good sized for the price. The balcony was nice with two plastic lounge chairs, a recliner and a table. The shower is similar to what we get on Celebrity with a hose and wand arrangement. Cabin service was efficient and unobtrusive. My wife enjoyed the bath robes. The bed was comfortable and my wife liked the room but it was a long walk to elevator. Public Areas: The floor plans in the brochure are wrong there was a Seattle's Best coffee and Ben and Jerry's on Deck 6 center and a Concierge Club on deck 7 Center. As a Diamond member we had access to the Concierge Club and enjoyed drinks and snacks before dinner nightly there, it was high light of cruise. We had the Cruise Critic party in the Viking Crown lounge on the second day and elite repeaters gathering there also on the second formal night. Both were well attended and well done. Nice to meet those I say on line. The shows were fine, we gambled on the last night and used my 10% off coupon in the shop for some RCCL items. Enjoyed the buy 5 pay for 4 bucket daily from the pool bar along with the two free drinks with my Diamond coupon. Dining: We had a nice table for 4 on deck 5, table 5 and enjoyed our table mates. We had pizza, cookies and hot dogs several times for a snack. The King and I restaurant was nicely decorated and the food varied from fair to good, and we had breakfast and dinner daily there.. No Lobster all week. The food in the Windjammer was also good for lunch. Tours: We stayed on ship in Athens as we had been there before and there was a transit strike, we stayed on ship in Split due to rain all day. Most tours involved too much walking for my wife so we skipped them. Went on shore and walked around Mykonos, Katakolon and Corfu and bought little remembrances. Disembarkation: Left ship for bus at 7:15 AM and was at airport at 8 AM. Delta did not open till 10:30 AM and we were at the gate at 11:30 AM for a 3 PM flight. Got to JFK on time due to a medical emergency and were 2 hrs late leaving. Got home at 11:15 PM Overall, I was satisfied. Would not due this itinerary again or due a rear balcony due to the long walks. I put a $500 per person deposit down on a future cruise in May 2009 with an on board credit.

Greek Cruise

Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas price drops

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1 6126
Nice cabin, quiet, nice views, but a long walk to elevator.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins