• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

grooveo
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2008
Cabin: Grand Suite

My lovely wife and I, and my parents, were tremendously excited about our cruise to Hawaii. We arrived at the Port of San Diego to a pretty tremendous line. It was a pretty rough embarkation, about the worst we've been through after ten cruises. We finally got on board and made our way to our lovely Grand Suite. Everything was beautiful. My parents were in a Junior Suite, and it was wonderful as well. Our luggage arrived shortly thereafter, and we were set. We made our way to the windjammer and it was as good as always. This being our second cruise on the Radiance, we took a walk around to refresh our memory. Everything was in place and seemingly well kept. Let me break a few things into categories so I don't become redundant:

Cabin: We very much enjoyed the Grand Suite, with the new bedding and the flat screen tv. There were a couple of plumbing problems, but nothing horrible. My parents on the other hand, in the Junior Suite, had a pipe burst in their closet drenching their clothes and soaking the carpet. They were moved into a inside cabin for the night while their room was fixed. Everything went ok, but it happened again several days later.

Dining: The Windjammer was great, Chops and Portofino's were amazing, and the main dining room was dreadful. We went for the first three nights, and sent our meal back on two of them. Things just weren't cooked well. On the third night, our waitress told us that rough seas were expected, and that she gets seasick easily. As we were eating our dessert, she told us six times that it makes her vomit. Yes, she used the word vomit...6 times. We never went back.

Grand Suite