3. Carnival Inspiration
This was a first cruise for my boyfriend and I. We've both been just about everywhere and we wanted to do something different that neither of us had done before. We're regulars in Vegas and wanted something "out of the norm" so we booked a 4 day cruise, just to see if we liked the idea of cruising. My grandma, aunt, and her two kids heard about us going and booked right along with us on the same cruise. EMBARKATION: I didn't know what to expect being a first cruise but we arrived at 11AM, valet took the bags and we walked up to the 2nd floor check in at the Port of Tampa. Check-in took about 15 minutes. We then waited about 15 more minutes to get boarded onto the boat - on the boat by 11:30. The first thing we did was walked up to the Lido deck and had a hamburger and hot dog lunch. The food was better than I thought it would be. It was a little crowded but expected as this was really the only thing open on the boat. After the lunch we were off to explore. ROOM: We booked straight through Carnival and did the Oceanview Guarantee. I was worried about this because I didn't know where our room was going to be. Lo and behold we ended up on the Upper deck in room U22. It was in the front of the boat. We were traveling with my grandma, my aunt, and her two kids, they were in a separate room on the same floor. We had a king bed, which was very very comfortable, a little bathroom with all the necessities and our room came with robes, which we wore a lot. Our steward was very good, providing us with turn down service and little towel animals every night - something neither of us are used too. DAY 1: Left the port right at 4PM. That night we had dinner in the Carnivale dining room. I can't remember our server's name for the life of me but they were both awesome. We got sat at a table with the rest of my family. Good thing, I didn't want to end up at a table with people I didn't know. The food in the dining room was great. I had chicken and the chocolate melting cake for dessert. The red potatoes were top notch. After dinner we walked around just exploring the boat, sat out in the Serenity area for a while which was awesome and watched the sunset. That night we ended up going to bed around 12 - the Dramamine we taken earlier kicked our butts. DAY 2 - Fun Day at Sea Got up early this morning and room service breakfast (just because room service was free and once again, something We're not used to getting). I had cereal and toast, the boyfriend had salmon which he said was awesome. Walked around the boat that morning exploring. Ended up playing Uno in the library until it closed then moved our game to the Promenade. The decor on the promenade is golds and blues, we had an ongoing joke that it looked like a Persian nightclub. We spent a lot of time here people watching and just hanging out relaxing. We played ping pong up by the pool, (the pool stays VERY crowded on sea days) and that night we played putt putt on the top deck. Had dinner at the buffet that night (opted out of the Capt. Dinner.) The 24-hour pizza is really good. Day 3 - Cozumel We woke up at 7AM this day - Docked at 8AM. As soon as the boat docked we were off. Took a cab ride to the San Gervasio Ruins which was awesome! Pay the extra for the bug spray though, there are mosquitos everywhere!! After that we took a cab ride to Mr. Sanchos Beach. That place is so fun. There is a freshwater swimming pool, bar, and a little flea market. The water there is so beautiful. It was overcast that day but when the sun shined on the water (for a whole 5 mins) it was beautiful. After relaxing at the beach we took a cab ride to San Miguel to meet the family for lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. I love that place. It's so small but the food was very good. From there we walked around and did some shopping in downtown San Miguel. NOTE: Don't shop at the main plaza on the waterfront!! Go 2 or 3 streets back and shop there. Same items, cheaper prices. (So cheap It's almost free!) After the shopping, we walked to Senor Frogs. That place is awesome!! I got in the conga line for free tequila shots. They had drink specials all day. Stayed there for about an hour then back on the boat....we left Cozumel at 6PM sharp. That night we had room service for dinner, we were both tired. Then we left and walked down to the casino. THE DRINKS IN THE CASINO ARE NOT FREE. I thought they were free (I'm used to Vegas). But come to find out, after the drinks were delivered I was charged for them. I didn't spend to much money in the casino for this fact and the roulette dealer was rude. I'm just to spoiled with Vegas to sit there. The roulette table said Minimum bets were $1 - I laid $3 in chips on red and the dealer made it CLEAR in front of everyone at the table that the minimum bet was $5. I felt like an idiot so I doubled my money at the table and walked out. Sat at Violins bar and drank until about 1AM then hit the room. Day 4 - Fun Day at Sea Woke up early this morning, went and had breakfast at the buffet. The food was good. Stay away from the "scrambled" eggs though. They're powdered and gross. Opt for a made to order cheese omelet. This day we walked up to the top decks and explored the spa. The steam rooms and sauna are free which was awesome. I sat in the sauna for about 20 minutes just relaxing. Had lunch in the Mardi Gras dining room - food there was very good. Had dinner in the Carnivale dining room - I had the flat iron steak with red potatoes and both were awesome! As the sunset the boyfriend and I took our drinks and went to the Serenity adults only area in the back of the boat. The chairs there are padded and I could've slept out there it was so relaxing. After this we went to the Chopin Lounge, had a cigar, then caught some karaoke in the Candlelight lounge. Sat there for about an hour then walked to Avant Garde lounge and caught a band playing. Very very good stuff. Had a lot of fun this night. The next morning we woke at 7AM and were off the boat by 8AM. We did the self assist luggage. I think we agreed next time we'll do the valet. All and all this was a very fun experience as neither of us have ever been on a cruise and had never been to Mexico. We picked the 4 day cruise just as a "test" cruise to see if we like cruising. We did very much!! Although We're not going to make this our primary way of vacationing, We're already planning another one for September next year on the Carnival Freedom. I think we'll use cruising as a "secondary late in the year" vacation. We usually take one big vacation a year and a second little one. Cruising will be that 2nd one.

Awesome First Cruise!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by RockChickX51

RockChickX51’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C U22
Great view! Bigger window than I thought. Bed was very comfortable. Next time I will try and get something more in the middle of the boat. The front seemed to rock a lot with the waves.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins