3. Navigator of the Seas
Well what can I say, been back home for two weeks and really wish I could be back on board the awesome Navigator. Never in my life have I experienced such an amazing holiday. So much so I have decided my next cruise will be planned around this boat and not so much the destination! From the port in miami checking in was a bit hectic, but we did arrive at 14.00pm. Once I made my way to the cabin which I must say I thought to be very 'spacious' in comparison to some other cruise lines, i headed up to the Windjammer for a nibble. Which of course as buffets go..... ended up to be a very large helping! After lunch just walked around the ship to orientate myself a bit, being a fitness freak had to go check out the health club. Very nice indeed. All the crew were very friendly and helpful and i also got the feeling would go way out of their way to help with ANYTHING if needed. Supper was on Deck 5 - Swan lake dining room, at table 543, which was located very close to the entrance of the dining room and next to the banister. So the view from the top was excellent! I did feel initially the seating arrangements could have been a little more organized as far as age groups go but nonetheless after the first meal had made good friends already! Our waiter who was from Turkey, (Omer) I thought he was excellent, a little shy but very very professional. He cracked a few good jokes along the way which made dinner all the more pleasant. The assistant waiter was also good (from Lithuania) I dont remember his name. Was quiet surprised about the littlest things they manage to remember which I found impressive, although it's part of their work requirements - personal touches make an impression which of course result in a very nice tip! I thought our head waiter was a bit of a waste of time really (from Philippines) also forgot his name, the information he gave us was really just a repeat of what Omer gave us. But maybe because Omer was so good, we didn't require any further 'organizing' or 'special requests' from him, so I'm being a bit biased. The cruise on whole was just amazing, to travel is one thing but to be "chilling" on the top deck at the pool with a pina colada and listening to the live band play bob marley, was an experience of note! I dont think I have ever been so relaxed. Before a 'dance session' at the Dungeon ;-) Excursions were also good, one or two mishaps along the way with the weather but everything is very organized. I have been told the the Navigator of the Seas is one of the newer, bigger and better ships around - and I tell you, the next cruise - I will settle for nothing less! I highly recommend this ship to anyone wanting to get a way for a 'ladies vaca', a 'guys vaca' or the whole family! there is something for EVERYONE! Regards Paula South Africa

Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean