3. Freedom of the Seas
This is our family first cruise. We've heard so many good thing about Freedom Of The Sea so we've decided to take our 3 children, age 6, 9, and 10. The last cruise we took was on the Sensation of Carnival, 11 years ago, on our honeymoon.

I was amazed by The Freedom Of The Sea....there was so much to do onboard. The director, Ken, was wonderful the whole time. The crew was fast in planning an extra day at sea activities after the captain decided not to go to Labadee due to hurricane Hanna. We had a great time despite we've lost our digital camera. We've checked in at Lost and Found time to time but no one has returned it. First part of our trip memory only remained in our thought. Luckily, my son has brought his camera so we've used his for the rest of the cruise.

Maybe my taste has changed or my thinking was. The food on Royal was not so great at all. I was not impressed. The cheesecake taste like tofu. Lot more no-sugar cookies then regular ones and they were hard, crunchy. 7 nights on the ship, there was only 1 dinner that I was really enjoy. Lobster tail and prime rib. The trio for desert (I only like the chocolate one). Yum...yum....

Like others, I was shocked when I looked at the menu. There is a charge of $14.95 for a steak. Inside the dinning room. I was later found out, that steak is not the only extra charge there. I've order a cup of cappuccino to go with my cheesecake....guessed what....there was a charge for that also...tiny little expresso cup...about...$3.

Be prepare on your next cruise.....bring extra money or larger limit on your credit card. It will be more than what you've planned for your budget.

Over all the cruise was a great thing for my family vacation. We will definitely do it again. We've 2nd thought about Royal....we may try some other cruise line next time.

Free Or Not Free

Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9

Family Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin FO 2268
We paid extra for our cabin so no complaint there. (over 300sf)
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins