• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2008
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Traveled with children

I don't know what other people were thinking, but this trip on the Eurodam was the best ever!

To give you a little background: This was my 20th cruise (4th on Holland America). I am 48 years old. I traveled with my mother, (age 80, 28th cruise, 6th on HAL), my husband (age 50, 19th cruise, 4th on HAL) and my 2 children, ages 10 and 14 (14th and 15th cruises, respectively, 4th on HAL). Having cruised on Carnival (Yuck!), Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Norwegian, I love Holland America and its gracious and attentive service. I would think twice about going on other cruise lines.

For this 15-day Transatlantic cruise, we flew to Copenhagen out of JFK on Aer Lingus, transferring at Dublin. My luggage stayed at Dublin, and I did not get it until Day 3 of the cruise. I was not alone, however, as about a half dozen of my fellow passengers had the same misfortune. I owe a debt of gratitude to Larissa from the Front Office and her marvelous staff who communicated both with port agents as well as with me in order that I received my luggage. In the meantime, I was given a toiletries bag, free overnight laundering of my one and only outfit and a free format night outfit including dress shoes.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VE

Big verandah and lots of storage space.

previous reviewnext review