• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Barkingowl
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2008
Cabin:

My wife & I flew into Vancouver on Northwest Airlines the day before the ship was due to sail. We stayed at a boutique hotel called LeSoleil. LeSoleil was approximately 3 blocks from Canada Place where the Spirit would pick us up. Vancouver is a wonderful city filled with restaurants & shopping. We spent the evening with a friend that we had met on our Elation repositioning cruise last May.

The morning of the cruise we had the hotel call us a cab & transport us & our luggage to Canada Place. We asked everyone where VIP check in was only to be told that no one knew. This was not a good start. Eventually we were steered towards some metal folding chairs & a container of lukewarm lemonade. A representative placed a large folding screen in front of us to separate us from the other passengers. We waited for a bit, then we were collected & led off to be photographed for security & we were allowed to board Spirit.

Spirit is a beautiful vessel. She may be older but she has been well cared for. We went to place our carry on luggage in our suite. I found our cabin steward & got his permission to leave the bags in the closet. We had an aft wrap on Empress Deck. We then went up to the Lido Deck to get some lunch. Our cabin steward Sergei was the best steward that we have ever had. He was punctual, meticulous & he lent me his data transfer cable so I could download pictures of our trip to our laptop. I don't remember much about the dining room experience other than that the food was mediocre. We dined two nights in the supper club & I think I would rather pay for my meals than have to go back to the dining room or the buffet for that matter.

Cabin 6329: Strange layout, pocket door would not stay closed, seal on balcony door not tight, whistled through the night, Wonderful balcony! No outlets in bedroom, one in the entire cabin, pretty sad for a suite.

previous reviewnext review