• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2008
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

We have been on carnival before, Destiny and Liberty inaugural voyage which was wonderful and why I opted for this new ship for the Baltics. Also been on RCL and Celebrity. Embarkation: Slow, unlike Rome with the Liberty. Staff pleasant tho.

Decor: Way too gaudy, garish and basically too many colors, not cohesive or elegant,imo.However the decor would not dissuade me from sailing on this ship.

Cabin: 8331, balcony. Decor ok. enough closet space. Shampoo, soap awful. Bring your own.No shower caps either. Hand soap was a tiny bar and we always had to ask housekeeping to replace it. For some reason despite him seeing it was small he would never replace it in either of the cabins we had. Kids had Inside 8333. Cabin stewards kept cabin clean, but we never really developed a rapport with him possibly because he constantly berated his assistant for all to hear and this annoyed me. He also Commented how tired they were after the last cruise. Check bill on TV daily. On the last day we checked before dinner and for some reason I chose to check again before bed and 2 charges for $7.13 were added, equivalent to 2 bottles of Scotch.( We do not drink alcohol). After much discussion it was removed from our bill. Cabin steward??? Despite it being a small amount, on principle I advised the purser I was more than willing to come down and deduct it from the gratuity.After begging for soap twice for our 2 cabins, laundry bags, laundry slips, I was certainly not rewarding anyone with Scotch.

Balcony