3 Night Bahamas - Majesty Of Seas: Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Jackie S

Majesty of the Seas 5
Jackie S
Member Since 2008

Overall Member Rating

3 Night Bahamas - Majesty Of Seas

Sail Date: May 2008
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Miami
I went on three night Bahamas cruise on Majesty of Seas with my boy friend. This is our first cruise, so went with 3 night cruise and stayed in inside cabin on 6th floor. We had a blast.

The trip stared on a bad note, we booked it through an online agency, they promised a $100 on-board account, the rebate even showed in my print out of literary. One day before the cruise, I called RCL to make sure every thing is in order, but he said he don't see on-board account, I called them at that time, spoke with a representative who said I am not eligible, then spoke with a very rude supervisor who asked me to "write to" some one if I have a problem, and while I am on the call, she removed this promotion from my on-line literary. One day before the cruise I had so much to do, I decided not to spoil my trip thinking too much about this. But, just want to mention it.  

Embarkation: We flew from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale and took shared taxi (paid $20 per person) More to Miami port. The cruise starts at 5pm, but we were at the ship by noon. We got our set sail passes on-line, so check-in was a breeze. Just showed our passes and passports and we are in.

Day1: As soon as we enter in the ship, I was very impressed by the indoor dEcor. Every thing is just shining. My boy friend took soda package ($18 per person for three days) and it worked out great for him. We didn't have much luggage, each one of us has one carry-on, so we went to Wind Jammer for lunch. They have different stations for asian food, American, desserts, stuff like that. Even through food wasn't extraordinary, the views were. Since it was our first cruise, both were awed by panoramic views of the Ocean from Wind Jammer. Stations were plenty, so it was never crowded. Staffs are very friendly. Once they opened the state rooms, we went in, boy, was it small. I didn't mind the state room size, but I desperately wished for a bigger shower. It was so hard to take a shower in that tiny tiny shower. State room was clean and was enough for us. Our room attendant Anthony was very helpful and pleasant. We freshened up, went out to check out the ship. It was so huge, I was particularly impressed with Viking Crown Lounge. Night is casual dinner night, I wore a skirt and my boy friend had t-shirt and shorts, and we fit right in. We were in the first seating at Moon Light Dining room, small 4 person table, but other couple didn't show up. I tried Lamb rack and it was amazing. I have knew lamb can taste like this. My boy friend had chicken and it was great too. After dinner, we went to see The Juggler show at A Chorus Line Theater, it was so much fun. Jeff, the juggler, had a terrific sense of humor and engaged the audience very well. We are glad we didn't miss it.

Day2: I was little nervous about stopping at Coco Cay (RCL private Island), as I heard weather has to cooperate to make that stop. Fortunately, weather was good so our 2nd day is Coco Cay day. We booked Wave Runner 10.30am. Got up in the morning 7am, got ready, went to Wind Jammer to have breakfast. Usual American breakfast and it tasted good. I went to an omelette station and they made a good veggie omelette. I had omelette, toast, juice, hash browns. Every thing was okay-okay, but the views are just amazing there. After breakfast, we packed our beach blanket, swim suits, sun screen in a back pack and went out to get in a tender. The tender was bigger than I have imagined, around 50-70 people can fit in two floors and we set out to Coco Cay Island. It is the prettiest ocean I have ever seen. Turquoise waters all around, coconut trees dotted the island, there were hammocks, picnic tables, beach chairs every where. Only thing is, the small stalls only take cash. I wanted to buy a hat, but couldn't pay for it using our state room ID, the way we paid for every thing inside the ship. We walked all the way to the back of the Island, and had the entire beach almost for ourselves. It was amazing. We got in to the water, had lot of fun. Then at 10.30am, took the Wind Runner trip for one hour. By the time we got back, beach BBQ is on full swing. Once again, food was plentiful and tasted decent, but there are flies every where, and I wasn't comfortable eating that way. After lunch, we rented a floating mat ($10, they accepted state room ID for this payment), it was heavenly to just sleep on the mat and let it float. It was so so so relaxing, every one should try it. 5pm is the last tender to the ship, so we stood in the queue at 4pm, it was a long queue, took us 30 minutes to get in. Once we are back, we had to hurry to take shower, change for our formal dinner. I put on a very nice dress, my boy friend is wearing formal trousers and shirt. No jacket. Every one dressed differently, so every one fit in formal dinner. Females pulled in all stops, but men, some of them wore jackets, some of them didn't. Again, food was great. We were again alone in our table, I was feeling sorry for the other couple who is missing out on this food. I had rice with potato curry, it was very very tasty. After the dinner, we took some pictures around the ship, my boy friend tried rock climbing. Around 11pm, it is time for mid-night buffet at the pool. The amount of food they put out there is amazing. There was dancing, live music, food, it was lot of fun. We took some food, went up on the top deck to eat and watch the action down at the pool. We came in side the room around 1am.

Day3: Next stop is Nassau, Bahamas. We went out around 9am, and did shopping till noon. On hindsight, I felt like, we should have checked out the village instead of spending time on shopping. It was a very hot and humid day, street vendors are aggressive at times, best thing to do is not to start any conversation with them. If you just keep walking, they leave you and zero in on some one else. We finished the shopping by noon, came back to ship, had lunch at Wind Jammer and were out by 1pm. We took a water taxi ($3 per person) to Paradise Island. The taxi idled for 30 minutes, until every inch of that taxi is occupied. First time in my trip, I felt little sea sick. It was a short 15 minute trip to Paradise Island. We spent time touring the ground, Dig, before we knew it was 4pm, so rushed to the ship. This time we took a regular taxi ($10 for both of us) to the ship. They checked our bags, and let us in. We hurried to take a shower and make it to our 6.30pm seating for dinner. Once again the food was so good, my boy friend tried two entries. After dinner, we spent time just sitting at different lounges, trying drinks, we couldn't believe it is almost over and tomorrow is time to go home. Did some shopping at ship, I bought a bracelet, other small souvenirs. At 11pm, we attended a show and called it a night by 1am. They announced how we should be out of state rooms by 8am and our bill was ready in the room. We checked the bill, every thing was okay, we gave the credit card number before the cruise for on-board a/c, so we were all set. We got up at 6am, started to get ready and pack. On Tv they were showing nothing but disembarkation. So we had a pretty good idea what to do, and since we had no check-in luggage we thought we were okay. Wind Jammer was closed, so we took our carry-ons and went to Moonlight formal dinner rook for breakfast. Ordered our regular omelette, juice and finished our breakfast. Checkout: It is as crazy, clueless, confused as it can get. They color coded for people who checked in bags. By the time we finished breakfast and came out to join the line, they announced that only U.S citizens can go out, since embassy people are having trouble starting their computers. Since we are not citizens, we weren't sure what to do. We thought of joining the line anyway, so set out to find the tail of the queue. The queue went, went, around the dinner rooms, on top of stairs, it was crazy. After climbing almost 4 floors, we joined at the end of the queue. The thing I didn't get is, they have a way to announce things on speakers. They do that for each and every thing. But some how, they didn't use that system for check-out announcements. Cruise staff who are standing at floors are giving information, but they are not consistent. It took us two hours of standing to come out of the ship. We had a flight at 4pm, so initially we had plans to see Miami downtime, but with this delay, we have decided to go directly to airport. Shared taxi vendors are ready out side when we departed the ship. We picked one for the same price ($20 per person) and went to Ft. Lauderdale airport.

All in all, it is a very good vacation experience. I can't wait to do it again soon. I highly recommend RCL Majesty of Seas for a quick get-a-way. Less

Published 06/16/08

Cabin review: K6093 Interior Stateroom

Read All Interior Stateroom (K) Reviews >>
Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic’s Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Jackie S
Member Since 2008
Enrichment Activities
Family & Children
Fitness & Recreation
Onboard Experience
Public Rooms
Shore Excursions
Value for Money
Skip X

See Majesty of the Seas deals up to 82% off:

October Deals
Majesty of the Seas 70% Loved It

4 Night Bahamas Cruise
See all Majesty of the Seas Deals >>