3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was my first cruise w/ my husband. We wanted a quick vacation from the kids and the 4 day Baja Mexico cruise was a great choice. We were a little concerned because we heard some negative things about the Carnival reputation for being a booze cruise.. We had a great time.. Embarkation was smooth. Plan to arrive early, have your tags on your bags, and be patient. Once you get inside the terminal building things will move quickly. We boarded the ship with no problems and checked out our room on the Empress deck. We loved being on this level, right in the middle, not a lot of walking through the ship..Regardless of what other reviews said there was no sewer smell..Everything was reallt clean. Our steward kept our room so clean every time we came in the room our bed was re-made.. The first port was Catalina island. My husband and I decided to pay for an excursion on Carnival to go kayaking. We paid $90.00. When we arrived at the place to kayak we could have done that on our own for $50.00. We are novice kayakers and w/ a little instruction we were kayaking several miles in the ocean. It was a lot of fun, bring a change on clothes. I did not and was in for a real treat walking back to the tender 2 miles soaked.. The next day we went to Ensenada. Again don't pay for an excursion on the boat. We got off the ship and for $13.00 each we went on a tour on La Bufadora and the mexican flea market, got a free margarita downtown and went shopping for an hour..w/ a private tour guide..everyone there speaks english and it is a lot cleaner than we thought..no begging kids. The last day was all day at sea. I felt a little nauseated, went to the pool, drank more than I should have..they had a lot of activities; Hairy chest contest, dance lessons, newlywed game..hilarious.. Food was okay, like going to applebees..no complaints it was free!!! We bought 2 soda fountain cards which were sort of a waste. One would have been fine.. Debarkation was long, sort of a pain but we got through customs real quick and left the ship..that was it all in all great trip, would recommend this for a quick get-away, and I am ready for the 7 day cruise to the Caribbean..A cruise is what you make of it..we had a blast

Carnival Ecstasy - Hawaii