• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Steph'n'Dave
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2008
Cabin: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

"Samuel Johnson said when a man is tired of London he is tired of life as there is in London all that life can afford" I say "Someone who does not enjoy cruising should simply be buried at sea. Dave and I had our honeymoon on the Jewel in 2006 and when we saw the itinerary for this spring - we booked a back to back cruise. We boarded in Miami on April 20th - did the Transatlantic and then stayed on May 5th for the Baltic Capitals cruise.

We made our own arrangements and flew to Ft. Lauderdale and had two days there before heading to Miami

Embarkation: Having embarked at Miami before I was prepared to grit my teeth and get through it - however we were pleasantly surprised this time. Port staff was polite and processing was swift and much more efficient than in the past. Past experience has shown that it takes awhile for luggage to arrive but it was even faster than in the past. We went up to the Garden Cafe to have lunch and when we went back to our cabin afterwards the luggage had already started arriving.

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

Cabin OF

Small cabin but enough storage space. Handy to elevators and for debarkation at ports. Perfect if economizing - if I win a lottery I will get a mini-suite but until then - this served the purpose.

2 Helpful Votes