3. Caribbean Princess
We are in our early 30s and late 20s and this was my 3rd cruise, 2nd with Princess and 2nd cruise for my husband, 1st with Princess. This was our honeymoon cruise and it was perfect since it left the Monday after the wedding. We left Boston at 8am on the charted motor coach through Princess and it was perfect. Once we gave the bus driver our luggage, we didn't see it again until we got to our cabin. We made one stop in Springfield, Ma, so we got to Brooklyn's Red Hook Cruise Terminal at about 12:30pm. After we identified our luggage with the porter, we walked through security, filled out a health form and got into the fast moving line for our cruise card. We were at our stateroom by 1:30pm. We had room R612 on the Riviera deck and we found this to be a great location! We had a balcony BA room and were on the port side of the ship. When we got to our room, Armando our steward, was there and greeted us by our first names. He gave us some paperwork and tour tickets. Only one of suitcases showed up, so we went for some lunch at the Cafe Caribe since we were hungry. We found the food to be ok, but sat by the Outriggers bar and just enjoyed the scenery. After that, we toured around the boat and found ourselves at the Lotus Spa and joined a tour. We decided to get the couples weekly pass to the Thermal Suite and used it as much as possible. I really loved the stone lounges and fell asleep there a few times. My husband loved the thermal grotto and would take his book in there to relax. We also booked a couples massage before the cruise and had that done on the second sea day. Though it was expensive, it was very relaxing (we were splurging for the honeymoon). We had dinner at the buffet the first night and really enjoyed the cold seafood buffet - especially the king crab legs! On our first two sea days, we spent our time at the Lotus pool on the forward side of the ship and terrace pool, which was aft. I liked the Terrace pool better as it was very close to our stateroom and there was plenty of shade when I needed to get out of the sun. We really didn't try getting a lounger by the Neptune or Calypso pools since we knew that most passengers would be at those pools. We did dine one night in Sterlings and another night in Sabatini's. We really loved Sterlings and I think my husband could have eaten in there every night! I ordered the filet mignon and he ordered the rib eye steak, both medium-rare and both were cooked perfectly and came out at the same time! I had the spinach and artichoke dip and my husband the shrimp cocktail, and those shrimp were huge! Sabatini's was good, but since I'm used to eating in the Italian restaurants of Boston's North End, it didn't completely blow us away. The antipasti was good and pasta apps could be better, but I really did enjoy my entrEe of the lobster tail and pumpkin risotto - very innovative and good. We had anytime dining and dined in the Palm Dining Room since there was always a less wait time. The food was hit or miss, but the service was not good. If dined with others at a table and were the first ones seated at a table for 10 people, they would make you wait almost 20 minutes until most of the table was full. So, I was eating a lot of rolls because of this wait. Then one night, the waiter brought someone at our table the wrong appetizer and was questioning the diner what he ordered! Then the last formal night, we were at a table for two, and after being there for two hours, we left after ordering our dessert because it was taking almost 20 minutes to bring it out! We would rather stick with traditional dining. We did enjoy having the continental breakfast brought to our stateroom and did that a few mornings. Other morning we would run up to the buffet and bring back breakfast. However, they have a better breakfast selection in the Horizon Court than the Cafe Caribe. We really liked the Pizzeria and Trident Grill. We ended up having the pizza around 11:30 at night for a late snack - still hot and delicious! We found something to do every night on the ship. We did see the second Sarge show and there were people standing! He was funny! We saw the Piano Man, but weren't impressed (we are not much for the musical shows anyways). We did see the mentalist (forgot his name) and still deciding if I believed him. He did ask my husband what time he was born and when my husband was thinking of the time in a phrase (quarter of four) instead of 3:45, he had a hard time getting it until my husband thought of 3:45 in his mind and then got it! There was an impressionist that did great impression, but his jokes were not so funny. But the Marriage Game was so funny - we missed the beginning of it because the waiter took so long in the dining room! We really enjoyed the ports of call! We didn't have anything planned in San Juan, so when we got off the boat, they were selling tours of New San Juan and Old San Juan in just 1 hour for $10. So jumped on that minibus and it was a great tour as we learned a lot about the history of the island. We were dropped off in Old San Juan and just walked around and made our way back to the ship. The next day in St. Maarten/Martin, we rented a Harley Davidson for the day and drove around the island. This is the best way to see the island and my husband really loved riding around in new bike for the day. We did stop at Orient Beach for a few hours to swim, lay in the sun, and have lunch. This was our favorite day on the trip. The next day we were in St. Thomas and booked the sail and snorkel to Turtle Cove. It was nice to be on the sail, though one person did get sick. I enjoyed the snorkel, but didn't see the turtles. My husband did and got some pics for me. On the way back, they served us rum punch and were more than tipsy when we got off the catamaran. We just headed back to the ship, found some lounges by the pool and fell asleep. Our next stop was Grand Turk and we both decided to dive. My DH is certified so he went on a different boat and I went on the Discovery Scuba, both run by Oasis Divers. I really enjoyed this as this was my first dive ever and can't wait to another! The guys, Max and JC, were great and were very thorough on teaching us the basics of diving. Then we did an open water dive about 40 feet down. I just loved seeing the coral and tropical fish! We even say a stingray! Our last two days were at sea and we spent more time by the pools. We did have some problems on the last day closing out account out. They kept shutting our cards off because they couldn't get an authorizations from our bank. After calling the bank twice (first the bank freezed the card because we forgot to tell them we were on vacation and thought the motorcycle rental was fraud) and the second time the bank told us when Princess tried to run the card, the transmission was cut off - so no problem with the card. It was straighten out, but became a hassle to run to the purser's desk every time we ordered a drink and was told our account was locked! Disembarkation could have gone better. We had to be out of room by 8am and meeting in Sterling at 10:15 for the motorcoach service. We went to the Palm Dining room for breakfast (not a great selection for breakfast) and then headed to Sterlings. Well, since there were no seats there, we sat in the Princess Theater until 10am. We didn't get off the boat until 11am. We cruised through customs, but had no idea which bus was ours but finally found it. We had a great time on the cruise and really enjoyed ourselves. We dubbed this the "Honeymooners Cruise" since there were over 25 honeymoon couples at the toast on the second sea day and four weddings on the boat! We may sail Princess again, but would like to try Celebrity or RCI too.

Pleasant Honeymoon Cruise!