3. Adventure of the Seas
Some things were fantastic; others were just average. Most of the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The ones that weren't were pretty bad. One in particular was rude, argumentative and inept. We had an inside cabin and found it to be completely sufficient. The bed wasn't as comfortable at home but really not too bad. If you like to sleep late the very dark room will help. The Windjammer Cafe was the buffet and it was adequate. I wouldn't say great, but good as far as buffets go. The eggs aren't real (unless you eat eggs from the omelet station), bacon and sausage extremely greasy. Sometimes it is difficult to find a seat so I recommend not being afraid to ask if you can share. The food in the dining room was excellent and as is usual for a cruise, you can have as many options as you like. Service was exceptional. We attended the murder mystery dinner at Portofino and while the food and service were phenomenal, the "show" part was not as good as other murder mystery dinners I've been to. Way too pricey for what you get. We didn't bother with Johnny Rockets, room service or the Promenade Cafe. Tips are already included on most things, but the staff does expect a bit more each time. Drinks are expensive but they don't skimp on the alcohol either. Unless you drink a LOT of soda, the $50 price for unlimited soda is pretty high. Shore excursions were pretty good. Doing them though leaves little time for exploring on your own. Probably the one thing that will keep me from cruising again as I like to settle into a place and feel the culture, etc. If you like a more leisurely paced vacation with more flexible time restraints, you may not want to cruise. I found the nightly shows in the Lyric Theater to be amateurish and for one we actually left in the middle. The "sales" show was irritating, but if you want to do some jewelry shopping you can get all the coupons you need by going. Although more than once I found that what was advertised wasn't available. The repetitive tv shows in the room got old after a while, but you don't really spend a lot of time in the room anyway. The casino was horribly smoky. I walked in and immediately couldn't breathe and I was just passing through! Forget trying to stay in there and gamble. Most areas were smoke-free or adequately ventilated. The solarium pool (adults only) was nice and relaxing. The large pool though was very loud (the live band was incredibly loud and there was no way to escape it unless you left the pool area altogether) and crowded and lots of kids. Expect to do a lot of waiting for elevators. Either it takes forever for one to come or they are completely full. The spa was expensive and you are given a really hard sell for additional treatments and products. The salute to the kitchen and dining room staff during dinner seemed a bit pretentious to me. The lines to check in luggage upon embarkation were a disaster. No organization whatsoever and nobody seemed to know what was going on. Once you get rid of your luggage though it moves pretty quickly. When leaving the ship I highly recommend using one of the porters. It was worth the $10 we gave him to bypass the taxi line in the heat and humidity of San Juan and let him get a taxi for us further down the entrance. Taxi is about $25 to the airport from the pier. Watch your online bill carefully. We weren't the only ones who had charges on their accounts that weren't theirs. Don't pack liquor in your carryon. No matter what they tell you on the ship you cannot get through security with it. You'll have to check it or toss it out. And lastly, don't be late back to the ship. They will not wait for you.

Busy Busy

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ksutesch

ksutesch’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Sufficient space, nicely appointed. Water from tap in sink never got cold. Very loud pipes in shower.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans