3. Norwegian Dawn
We sailed out of NY May 4th. Embarkation was a breeze. One of my parents uses a wheelchair and everyone was very helpful in getting her taken care of. There was always someone looking out for her and moving her along quickly. Wait time to go on board not very long. There is a long gangway to get on the ship but it was easy to maneuver the wheelchair onto. Champagne waiting when we entered. No nonalcoholic drink offered when you entered though. I had read on the cruise boards to make your reservations right away at the front desk there in the main lobby when we got on. I had no trouble making that nights and the next nights reservation. Really had no trouble getting whatever restaurant we wanted when we wanted it. Cagney's was great. I sent the folks to Le Bistro with the anniversary package and they loved that also. Went to Impressions also and that was good as well. I found that the Bingo was very expensive and the drinks were a little overpriced as well. On the second sea day I found that there was not enough to do. Bermuda was great. Comfortable temperatures the whole time. We went fishing but it was early in the season and not much to offer. Too cold to go swimming. I think I would save Bermuda for the summer months if I were to go again. Entertainment - Dave Heenan was really funny especially in the 18+ show one night. Magician was just okay. Bollywood was okay. THe rest of the production numbers were loud and just okay. The Second City troupe has got to go. I think that was the worst show I have ever seen on a cruise ship. Lots of people got up and left. All in all a great cruise and a lovely ship. The layout with the Venetian and Aqua dining rooms was a little confusing as you could not get through on certain decks. Would I sail NCL again? Yes. Loved the not dressing up part.

Good Cruise, Had Fun

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by mhdubgal

• Sail Date: May 2008
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside
Would I sail NCL again? Yes. Loved the not dressing up part.
mhdubgal’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9603
Inside cabin, comfortable, bedding needed somw work, loved the sliding glass doors in the shower, should be an instruction sign in the shower for how to use the controls.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins