3. Carnival Ecstasy
Having read the numerous negative reviews about this ship, I felt I needed to add something positive. Rather than calling it a fun ship, it more properly might be termed a party ship. My wife and I were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, and we found ways to celebrate from one end of the ship to the other. I feel that this is one of the easier ships to find your way about than some of the other ships that I have been on. Dining room service was great, and our cabin steward was all but invisible, but our stateroom was always made up each time we returned. The food in the dining room was wonderful. It was no problem for our waiter if we asked for seconds on our entrees, or even two completely different dinners. Also, we were given a private table so my wife and I could just enjoy each others company. There was always something going on that entertained us even to the wee hours of the morning. A favorite of mine was Karaoke. Just fun people. For us at least, the slot machines in the casino paid off pretty well. The ship was very clean, the only exception being a lot of empty beer cans on the main pool deck. I had read complaints about cigarette smell on the ship, but unless very close to a smoker I did not notice that. Shopping in Ensenada was less high pressure than of the Mexican port we have visited. Also, the merchandise started at lower prices. We went horseback riding in the hills for an hour and a half. I believe that this shore excursion is a Carnival exclusive in Ensenada, and well worth the $55.00 per person cost. Ensenada is a much more Americanized city than the more southerly Mexican Riviera cities that are visited by the cruise lines. I would think for a young married couple without children, or single folks that this is a great cruise value. I would not take my children on this cruise, nothing against the ship or the cruise line, however many of the passengers seemed to not care if their language might be offensive to others. I would not wish to expose my children to this. I probably have other info to share, and would be most happy to respond to any question that you might have about this ship. Thanks, JIM

Carnival Ecstasy