• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Apr 2008
Cabin: Balcony

Review of the Crown Princess April 26th - May 03

This took me a while to get out, but since I have used Cruise Critic daily since booking my cruise back in October I wanted to leave a review. My hope is that it will give some good information to people who are considering Princess vs. another cruise line which is what brought me to Cruise Critic in the first place.

To start this was a cruise for I, and my wife's 5 year anniversary. This was our third cruise, the previous two on Royal Caribbean which we both loved. We chose Princess and the Crown in particular for 3 reasons: 1) highly recommended by the travel agent, 2) had the itinerary we wanted in the South Caribbean and 3) because we both wanted to try something else other than Royal Caribbean to see what else was out there. The long and short for this review, in case you don't want to read the whole thing, is Princess is ok as a cruise line, we had an ok time, but unless it was for a specific itinerary we would choose Royal Caribbean or another cruise line.

Balcony