• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2008
Cabin:

My girlfriend and I (20s) took a very large family group (30 people!) on the Sensation's May 4 cruising to the Bahamas. It was our 3rd cruise, first on Carnival, but most of the group were 1st-timers. We all had a good time (especially the 1st-timers), but the ship is definitely sub-par. I had low expectations going into the trip based on reviews I had read here, so I wasn't terribly disappointed, but I would recommend spending a few extra bucks to upgrade to a newer or more recently refurbished ship.

HOTEL: We stayed at Wakulla Suites on Cocoa Beach. Very cool hotel in a kitschy polynesia kind of way. But I'm into that kind of stuff. Huge rooms for the price, beach access, and a nice garden. Recommended.

FOOD: The main dining room's food was passable. The worst I've had on a ship yet, but that doesn't mean it was terrible. Lobster night was definitely the best. As for the buffet....awful. Bad food, no selection, and ALWAYS a long line. Breakfast was the same few items everyday. Room service is definitely lacking.

previous reviewnext review