• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2008
Cabin: Standard Inside Stateroom
Traveled with children

Our recent cruise on the Disney Magic was truly magical. It was the 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise, with stops at St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay (of course).

My wife and I had dinner at Palo the first night at sea, which unfortunately was the only night available when we tried to book. I would have preferred to get more familiar with the ship. That being said, the dinner there was excellent. Our server was very helpful in making menu suggestions, and would bring us dish after dish, even though we are both somewhat picky eaters. He insisted on us trying just about everything in the restaurant. The cover charge of $15 per person was more than reasonable. If you go, you must have the chocolate souffle!

The standard dining experience was also very nice. We have two children, a daughter aged 2, and a son who is 10 months old. Our server and assistant were both very accommodating, and did everything they could to entertain our children when they acted up. We felt bad about all the messes we made, but our server, Alonso, and assistant, Grissell, never lost their smiles or sense of humor. My personal favorite restaurant, aside from Palo, was Animator's Palette. The entertainment was good, and the atmosphere was laid back. Lumiere's was beautiful, but a bit too formal for my taste, and Parrot Cay was a bit loud for me.

Standard Inside Stateroom