3. Norwegian Dawn
This was our first, two adults and one 8 yr. old. Embarking went better than expected; Disembarking was horrible!! The ship was beautiful and well laid out. The musicians playing above the Java Cafe were fantastic. The shows (magician, comedian, Bollywood) were great. I would skip the improv's next time; totally horrible; I'll never get that 45 min. of my life back.... The Hamburgers and hot dogs were fantastic. I enjoyed all the food but didn't appreciate the added costs for some of the dining. I could fairly accept 5-10 dollars but after paying for the cruise, I think 15-25 dollars is unacceptable. I think the price of drinks was highway robbery. I got very frustrated when asking for Ice Tea; rather I had to ask as much as three times in most cases. To top that off, the Ice Tea would not be turned on until lunch (as I was told); ridiculous; are we not suppose to drink Ice tea with breakfast? I thought the activity menu was impressive looking but when you read into it, it rather boring. I think the cruise director could have done a better job with daytime activities; we did find some morning and afternoons boring especially when the weather wasn't so great to go to a pool and/or sit in the sun. We had an inside cabin on deck 8. Not to bad except that the cabinet doors and drawers need better locking devices; during the rough seas, they would open and bang. We had to pile suit cases to hold them closed so that we could sleep. Overall, not to bad for a first time cruise. I would probably consider another NCL someday but not sure about Bermuda. There were some nice things about Bermuda (beach, shopping and a bus ride that was like a tour) but nothing that would rush me back. My only advise to others is watch your charge card bill daily. It's easy to get caught up passing your ship card off and often thus forgetting that it's your charge and you will get another bill in addition to the cost of your cruise. I think there should be at least one cash restaurant and bar and I think drinks in the casino should have a cash and charge option; cash is accepted for gaming, why not drinks, what's the difference. Thanks again NCL and we'll keep you in mind if we do this again.

Cold, Wet & Wild Cruise of the Dawn

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by The Cool Cruiser

• Sail Date: April 2008
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Inside
Thanks again NCL and we'll keep you in mind if we do this again.
The Cool Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary