• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
2032 reviews
3 Awards

Loved It! Want to do it again!

Review for Crown Princess to the Southern Caribbean
pappy_O
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2008
Cabin: Interior

This was our 2nd cruise. Since our first cruise was on RCCL to Bermuda I wasn't sure that Princess could measure up to the great time we had. But my concern was for naught. The Crown Princess is a great ship and calmed any fears I had.

We flew from Washington DC National Airport to San Juan with a change in Miami. Our travel agent booked the flights for less than half the price that Princess wanted to charge. By the way, our group consisted of 5 couples. All 10 of us were pleased with the flights and the cost! After a quick bus ride (Princess Bus) to the dock, we spent less than 15 minutes going through the boarding process. I must say that Princess handles this a good bit better than RCCL.

The Crown Princess is a very beautiful ship. Its muted elegance made the decor better than I could have hoped for. All five couples had inside cabins on the Baja deck. If I would change anything, next time I'd try to get the cabins on a lower deck. It seemed that we were always waiting for an elevator to go somewhere. A lower deck would have allowed us to walk down stairs to the Princess Theatre, casino, and dining rooms. But the elevator waiting time wasn't a big deal.

Interior