• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

micmacmissy
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2008
Cabin:

We were on the March 30 Eastern Caribbean sailing of the Millennium, and we had a fantastic time overall! "We" are a group of four adults (professionals, 35-44) traveling without our kids. We have cruised once before on Celebrity Mercury when it was brand new.

CONDITION OF SHIP...You hear a lot about this, and I can tell you that from my perspective (which is critical), the ship really looked great. Yes, we noticed some areas of wear and tear (rusty barstools, some older railings, etc), but the ship is kept so immaculately clean, that I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it looked. There were constantly people replacing carpet, varnishing the rails, etc. We saw maintenance people everywhere. If you have an eagle eye, you will notice some wear and tear...but hopefully you have something better to do on the ship than give everything the once-over!

CONDITION OF PASSENGERS....We were surprised how many whining, complaining people we ran into. If you want to find things to complain about, you can find them anywhere, even on a brand new ship. I was shocked at the people kvetching over small things (having to wait in a line of 5 people at the AquaSpa to make an appointment, for example). Some people, we decided, just can't let anything go...our perspective is, we're not going to let those small things ruin our vacation! (It did make me think a lot of the complaints I've read on here before....) CABINS…We booked the cruise dates based on availability of the aft cabins, which are Concierge Class. These cabins are fantastic, with huge, long balconies that accommodate two full length lounge chairs and a table and chairs. Our cabin stewards were excellent and prompt and the room service was excellent. The bathrooms are small, but again, were immaculate. Our cabin did not appear to have any wear and tear…the bed was new (and very comfortable), the bedding was very soft and nice, and the sofa, carpets, etc, were in very good shape. We did notice the lounge chair cushions on the balcony were torn…but again, not an issue for us! Once we've had that big balcony, I don't think we could cruise any other way. We spent a lot of time out there, reading and relaxing and watching the ship dock and pull out. Well worth the money spent!

Cabin cc