3. Crown Princess
My friends and I have recently returned from a one week Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Crown Princess. We embarked from San Juan and sailed to the islands of Tortola, Antigua, St.Lucia, Barbados and St.Thomas. We were VERY disappointed with the level of service from Princess both prior to and during the cruise. We booked our flights with Princess, which was a HUGE mistake!!! They had nothing available flying out of Toronto, so we had to drive to Buffalo. We received our flight itinerary only AFTER we had paid our final cruise payment. Here was our flight itinerary: Buffalo --> Philadelphia --> Boston --> San Juan (19 hours in total transit) On the way back: San Juan --> Miami --> Tampa --> Detroit --> Buffalo (13 hours in total transit) I immediately called Princess to see if they could change the flight to something with fewer connections and they told me this was the "BEST" they could do. Not only were these multi-connections, but they were also connections between different airlines! On the way home, our flight from San Juan was delayed by 40 minutes, which meant we would miss our next flight (YES!!! Princess only gave us a 40 minute window to catch our next flight!!!). Because we were travelling with a group of over 30, the plane waited for us, but then the agents at the counter began selling off our tickets to people on stand-by because we weren't at the gate 15 minutes prior to boarding. Needless to say..some of us were stuck in Miami desperately looking for a flight back to Toronto/Buffalo during the end of March Break with tickets that they were told had "NO VALUE" to them! Cruise Amenities: I was shocked when I found that Princess charges an additional admission fee for the wave pool and sanctuary(adult only section)! Stateroom: Spacious and clean. The house-keeping staff was very helpful and polite. Dining: The waiters were rude and very slow in the main dining room. With the automatic calculated daily tip that Princess charges on our accounts, I found the waiters did not work as hard to serve their clients. For example, when I requested one night if we could perhaps order our dessert at the same time as our entrees (so he didn't have to come back to us again), as we wanted to catch a show, the waiter rudely told us that it was not possible, and that if we were in a hurry, we should not have dined there. Entertainment: NOT very entertaining. Shore Excursions: Tortola - We went to the Baths via Speedy's ferry to Virgin Gorda and a shuttle to the Baths. Speedy's ferry was within walking distance from the port. I'm usually one to get seasick, but I made sure I had the motion wristbands, patch and anti-nausea meds..just in case. The 30 minute boat ride was not too bad. The Baths was amazing! After touring the boulders, we spent a couple hours at the beach. Antigua - We did the Canopy Tour with the ship. This was rated #9 out of #57 on Trip Advisor and when we tried to book it ourselves, we realized the ship had booked this place already. The ziplining was okay...felt a little rushed going from tree to tree by the people working there. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147242-d651214-Reviews-Antigua_Rainforest_Canopy_TourAntigua_Antigua_and_Barbuda.html because the place St.Lucia - We did an ATV tour with ATV Paradis Tours http://www.atvstlucia.com/ This is the tour that was rated #5 out of #125 on Trip advisor. We spent the morning touring the plantation. It was a great experience! The afternoon was spent touring the island with Frank (taxi driver). We saw Heaven and the Pitons. Barbados - Beach day! St.Thomas - Shopping Conclusion: I would NOT recommend cruising with Princess Cruises. The level of service was less than acceptable. I have cruised with Royal Caribbean before and would definitely go with them again.

There's NO Royal Treatment with PRINCESS!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by SB

Buffalo --> Philadelphia --> Boston --> San Juan (19 hours in total transit)
Entertainment: NOT very entertaining.
St.Thomas - Shopping