3. Oosterdam
We just got back from sailing on the Oosterdam. This was our first cruise and we were very impressed. The service was excellent in every category. The meals were delicious! ...and it shows because we ate too much and now have to lose those extra pounds! Yes, there were a few items we didn't care for but there was a large enough selection that if you didn't like what you ordered, you tried something else. The decor on the ship is different but nice. Yes, the carpeting seemed a little worn in places but my carpeting in my house that is a year old also looks a little worn. By no means does it look bad! I thought HAL accommodated the children very well. We especially liked the way they broke down the kids by age. Our 16 year old daughter was very skeptical about going on this "old persons" cruiseline but was pleasantly surprised. They invited all of the 15-17 year olds to attend a "get to know you" the first night and we saw very little of her the rest of the week. She met quite a few kids that she became good friends with and she plans to keep in contact with. The shows were excellent, and there was always something to do whether you were 5yrs. old or 50 yrs. old. We enjoyed the Liar's Club, and Newlywed game and our daughter enjoyed the discos and contests. Overall, I would recommend this cruiseline to ANYone. Yes, there were a few "glitches" because HAL is not accustomed to 400 children on board but I thought they handled it very well. We will gladly sail HAL again!

Oosterdam - Western Caribbean