3. Carnival Legend
Carnival Legend Wow! What a great trip! Carnival does a nice job and I wasn't disappointed. Entertainment: They had an awesome balancing act that was very impressive. Best act I've seen since Cirque. The hypnotist was good. Other than that - entertainment was kind of blah, comedians not as good as usual. Activities: I didn't go to many this time and wish they had more. It was art, a few pool games, nothing like what I'm accustomed to for Carnival. We were in the Newlywed Game and what a hoot! The crowd and I laughed so hard, it was so much fun!! Dining: This is where Carnival excels. Everything we ate was good to great. Service was superb. I was very surprised to have some of the best lobster I've had in years! One of the people at our table commented that she had been to Maine recently and it was better than she had there. All of their seafood dishes were top notch. The Special Gala at the end blew me and everyone else away. The food was like 6-star dining. They also had a 5 foot by eight foot carved dragon. Wow. The buffet food was ok to great, but had an excellent layout and was the nicest looking buffet I've ever been to. We especially enjoyed the deli (hot sandwiches) and pizza place. State Room: This is the best stateroom we ever had and it wasn't even a balcony. We were in room 7297 and it was boxed instead of rectangular. There was more than enough room to put clothes and souvenirs away. The bathroom shower had a grohe shower head, nice touch. Casino: Slots were loose the first night and I hit $150 payout on a 5 cent slot machine right away. That was a nice surprise. Played mostly craps the rest of the trip and the service was excellent, upbeat and fun. Overall DEcor: We were enjoyed the dEcor on this trip. The atrium was impressive, theatre pretty to look at (although not as functional as one would like), and the clear stairs leading to the supper club that looked down 10 stories would take your breath away! Embarkation and Debarkation: Smoothest we have ever encountered. Carnival does an excellent job in this department. Spa: Double thumbs down on my treatment. Sat in a chair that was so uncomfortable my back ached for the next day. Not a way to relax. The gal tried her best and was friendly, but I could have done without the Steiner pitch at the end. The gym was amazing - check out the indoor whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and multi jetted shower - nice treat! Photos: They have two excellent photographers on board. We were able to purchase some really nice pics (for $22.99 each). Also, they have a digital machine where you can make collages for $14 (16x20) - $22 (20x30). You just select as many pictures as can fit (18x24 for instance was up to 50), crop them, fix them up and it spaces them perfectly and creates the collage for you. Worth every penny!! So take TONS of digital pics and enjoy this nice feature. Room for Improvement: Tender set-up for Belize was tedious. Ship Shore excursion groups went first for the first 1 ½ hours and it took almost a ½ hour to fill the each tender that way. In my opinion it is much easier to give everyone a number for their tender group instead of calling them by shore excursion groups. Also, more entertainment please!! Grand Cayman: The highlight of our trip! We did the Stingray City trip with Moby Dick and had a really nice time. They let you feed the stingrays, help you hold them (but not out of the water), in a nice boat. Finding them at the pier was easy and they left exactly at the time they said they would. Enjoyed trying the rum cakes. We liked Blackbeard's Original the best so we bought Blackbeard Rum cakes for $30 for 6 small and one large. Then I spent $48 on 6 liters of Tortuga Rum. mmmmm Cozumel: I've been here before but was looking forward to coming back. Visited Discovery Mexico which was a nice surprise. Had our own private and very knowledgeable guide who showed us around the art pieces and architectural replicas. The pyramids and theatre house were amazing! I couldn't believe how many replicas they had. We went to Paradise Beach this time where I had an incredible massage. I could have skipped the beach though - too murky. The "beach" only 10 minutes walk from the ship in front the Villablanca was much better - rocky at first so there were steps, but the water was beautifully clear and tons of fish to snorkel with. Sigh - Paradise. Bought Mexican Vanilla and Kahlua here. Belize: Our most disappointing port because of the long wait. First we waited an hour for the tender. Then we waited TWO hours for our tour to leave. We went Cave Tubing with Major Tom. The cave tubing itself was nice but short and the guides were the best. The wait, however, just about did me in for the day, and we got back at 4:10 (last tender at 4:00), so had to leave immediately to get on the ship - no time for lunch or shopping. Roatan: A hidden gem. I was feeling ill in the morning (probably going without food for 8 hours from the day before) so we missed our tour with Victor Bodden and got a late start. We went to the beach for several hours at Bananarama and I wished we had more time. We walked about 10 minutes to the south of Bananarama to the rocks and snorkeled. It was awesome!! Then I floated in the water in front the resort, sipped on a strawberry pina colada, and relaxed in a hammock. Picture perfect day. By the way, if you contact them ahead of time you can pre-pay $40 for an hour massage in your own private second story cabana.

Legendary trip!

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Lady Anna & Sir Troy

Carnival Legend
Wow! What a great trip! Carnival does a nice job and I wasn't disappointed.
Lady Anna & Sir Troy’s Full Rating Summary