3. Enchantment of the Seas
Well, its was our first cruise. For our 30th anniversary. I worked as a manager for a major company for 30 years and dined in many fine/expensive restaurants. My wife and I have a taste for good food. We embarked at Ft Lauderdale. We arrived at 11:30 by cab and I can't imagine our checkin going much smoother. We sit in the staging area for about 5 minutes and spent 5 minutes in live and Security. On board We couldn't get into our cabin until 1pm so we went directly to the Windjammer restaurant for lunch. Our first impression of food was very good and it only got better. I made a caesar salad with all the fixins. I then sampled 5 other entrees and 3 desserts. All of them different and very tasty. Food 8 out of 10 We ate in the dining room (My Fair Lady) every nite and we cancelled our chops reservations because of the quality of the food in the dining room. Overall, i would rate the food in the main dining room as 8.5 out of 10. I've definitely eaten better food but only in the finest dining rooms and at a very high cost. We had breakfast in the dining room once but opted for the windjammer cafe because of the immediate nature of it. I did spend a couple of extra minutes to have my omelette prepared specially (very good). Breakfast in the Windjammer I would rate at 7.5 out of 10. Service 9 out of 10 We found the service to above average in all areas. The dining room and cabin service were definite highlights. We were treated like royalty. Everyone onboard was pleasant and happy at all times. Excursions 9 out of 10 I scuba dived in Grand Caymans on the boats excursion. I first considered doing my own dive with another operator but decided not to and booked the excursion ahead of the trip. It turned out much better than I could have imagined. The boat only had 7 divers and could handle 30. They send 3 instructors down who were very helpful. The water was everything you could imagine. It was obvious that the dive operators were doing everything they could to make us happy. They asked that we tell the cruise ship if we were happy with them so they could keep their contract. USE THE CRUISE SHIP EXCURSIONS. Only 1 person scheduled the Ocho Rios dive and it was cancelled. Too bad. I rented a jet ski and ran up and down the coast to sitesee myself. My wife went to the beach on the Georgetown and enjoyed it. Shows and Entertainment 8 out of 10 We enjoyed all the shows. The singers and dancers were very talented. I seen better but a at a greater cost. The Quest game show (advertised as adult) went a little far when the men stripped to their underwear to gain points as directed by the cruise director. They then wore womens bras (yes the women had to take them off under their blouses)on the last part. Good fun for many but a little over the line for me. Great trip/great value We will be back.

Enchantment - Eastern Caribbean