• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Azamara Journey Review

Editor Rating
67 Awards

Azamara Journey to S. America/Antarctica a special cruise.

Review for Azamara Journey to South America
Kate
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Jan 2008
Cabin:

I went on the Azamara Journey from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires with a cruise through the CHilean Fjords and 3 islands in Antarctica. It was an absolute pleasure....with few exceptions. I am a seasoned traveler and have done 15 or so cruises, most of them in the extended "exotic" category. Azamara was one of the best:

Staff: Was simply outstanding - every attempt to please the passengers was made from every level. Captain Smith was a very special leader and his staff has made the trips fun, educational, interesting and adventurous. He was enthusiastic about the trip and it was infectious for all aboard. I know the passengers will try to book a trip with him again - a new filter for the travel agencies will be captain. He is personable and informative about what he was going to do and was upfront about the weather, the seas, etc that we might encounter. I think that was not well received by everyone, but I certainly appreciated it.

Itinerary: Antarctica and the Chilean Fjords were outstanding. Captain Smith changed the itinerary slightly so that we could see Garibaldi Glacier and the big Icebergs in Antarctica Sound. I have never been in such awesome country. We also had wonderful weather which helped. The ports were all good -

Cabin 2A