3. Celebrity Millennium
My husband and I went on the May, 2007 Celebrity Millennium's 12 night cruise from Barcelona to Venice with 3 other couples. We booked through a travel agency but planned all the shore excursions on our own. The ship was wonderful, the food service excellent and the wait staff very attentive. We all had balcony rooms and enjoyed the ability to sit on the balconies whenever we could. Because we had 8 to share the cost of private limousine services for land excursions, I found companies online and booked the excursions at prices less than what the ship could offer. Additionally, we had the luxury of being able to control our own times and locations. We used Revelation Tours in France, Italy Limousine for the first three ports in Italy, Santorini Tours in Santorini, Dennis Kokkotos in Athens, and Venice Boat International in Venice. In Dubrovnik, we took the ship's bus trip to Pile Gate and then met some friends who now live in Croatia who acted as our tour guides for the Old Town. Most memorable were the tours by Italy Limousine conducted in Rome by Carlo and the Amalfi Coast by Gianluca. These two gentlemen were exception in terms of their broad knowledge base, their personalities, and their attention to our needs. I used a portable wheelchair and they were very accommodating and made sure I was comfortable in the vans. I would be very happy to act as a reference for anyone taking the Mediterranean Cruise and can be contacted by e-mail. Three couples live in Arizona and we flew on US Airways through Philadelphia to Barcelona and back from Venice. One couple lives in Milwaukee and they flew on Delta through Atlanta to Barcelona and back from Venice. This cruise was the trip of a lifetime for my husband and me....a very memorable trip attributed to the Celebrity line and our personally planned shore excursions. Maria Walwork

Great Cruise...Great Land Excursions!

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Maria Walwork