3. Celebrity Millennium
We left Florida one day prior to the cruise since the ship was spending an overnight in Venice and I felt sure we would not miss it. We checked our bags in Orlando and they went through to Venice with no problems. I heard stories of luggage getting lost on flights to Italy but we were lucky it went without a glitch. It was cold and rainy in Venice and we didn't go out the first day. We were tired and slept a bit when we got on the ship. We booked a Royal Suite (6138) and it was more then enough for 2 people for 28 days. The separate bedroom is nice for privacy and for one of us wanting to stay up late watching TV. We had Alex for our Butler and he was excellent. We have had him before and enjoy his service and personality. A number of crew members that we know were on this cruise which made it more like home with the familiar faces. Ziggy was the Hotel Director, Captain Karatzas was the Master, Ally the F&B Manager, Zafer the Assistant Maitre d, Milivoy the Restaurant Manager, Lisa Gallant the Cruise Director (and is she great), Katy the Front Office mgr or Purser and Regina the CC Hostess. The cruise started off on a negative note. I booked the RS a year in advance and paid the going rate at the time and gave my $900 deposit. Three weeks before the cruise Celebrity had a Exciting Deals Offer on the internet and the six remaining RS were offered at $4,000 less than what I paid. I called my TA, Celebrity and they said NO way they will refund me anything because of the lower prices on the "Happy Hour" special. I was miffed to say the least that they didn't even offer me any compensation. I did voice my dissatisfaction onboard but they could do nothing for me. I am a good customer with many cruises under my belt in nice suites but still talked to deaf ears. Seems unfair to have Happy Hours or Exciting Deal specials and punish the folks that paid and reserved in advance. I am thinking hard about changing cruise lines if that's how they treat well established customers. Once on the ship and the politics aside it was as great as ever dealing with everyone and the customer service provided by everyone. The staff is excellent and do a great job of pleasing the guests. We met our ship friends on the first day and caught up on our lives. The ports of call were great, we enjoyed this port intensive cruise and took tours in each city. We took the Celebrity Tours and felt they were of good value. I cant take more than a four hour tour so we booked half day tours in most ports. The food in the Metropolitan was excellent. We had dinner there every night except for the three nights spent in the Olympic Restaurant which was as fabulous as always. The staff at the Olympic was great and the service is impeccable. This is the first port intensive cruise we have been on and the dining room is closed at lunch time so that left the buffet everyday. I don't do buffets normally and was not happy to eat there. The food there just did not do it for me and I normally do not complain about food. I got used to doing the Transatlantic cruises where the dining room was open most of the time for lunch but this was different on the first leg. This is the first time in 20 + Celebrity Cruises that I had disdain for the food. We just took a Princess Cruise in Sept and the buffets looked magnificent and appetizing. I cant say the same here. Also at night during the second leg, the TA, everything food related closed down at 11 pm which I didn't like. Normally the pizza place was opened to 12 midnight and the salad and pasta bar until 1 am. I am not sure why they both closed at 11 pm sharp, maybe for budgetary reasons. The room stewart Salomae was great and Alex and his staff of Butlers are the best, Nelson, Savio and Santoso. I had fun with the butlers for 28 days, great personalities and they couldn't do enough to please. Captain Karaztas and I are friends and we spent a lot of time together since I didn't see him in March. He was a gracious host and we enjoyed the time with him at the lunches and dinners. In Athens at the terminal when I was on the internet in the Wi Fi area, I saw Author Joyce Adamidis walk by and we seemed to know each other immediately and spoke for about 30 minutes which was fun. If you are reading this Joyce how about emailing me your address!! Thanks.. Great meeting you. Venice was as beautiful as ever. I didn't feel as comfortable in Dubrovnik as in other places. I felt some resentment from them being American. I wasn't the only one who felt like that. Athens was great Kusadasi and Ephesus were the best places we visited. They love Americans and are very respectful toward us. The transatlantic portion of the cruise went by so fast. It was a very relaxing time for us and we didn't do much. The canary islands were fun to visit, all the same but still nice. The shopping on this cruise was great and we bought a bunch of clothes and a few pieces of jewelry. The cruise was great and we did have a good time. Will I frequent Celebrity as much as I normally do? No. I didn't appreciate the sticking I got when they posted the Happy Hour (Exciting Deals) on the web lowering my cabin category by $4,000 and not offering a dime off my suite. A letter to Dan Hanrahan was a waste of time. For some pictures of this cruise cut and paste my weblink http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562323891hWjSkM

Millennium Back to Back Cruise

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by idssms

Venice was as beautiful as ever.
Athens was great
For some pictures of this cruise cut and paste my weblink
idssms’s Full Rating Summary